Reload this Page >

Any info on Carnival Spirit??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 10:18 PM
Peter

Hello Paul and others... I've enjoyed reading your comments and tips. Three friends and I were trying to make a decision about cruising next month on the Radiance of the Seas our of San Juan or to go on Carnival's Spirit out of Miami. I was leaning toward the Radiance, but I got outvoted due to my friends finding a cheaper way getting to Miami instead of San Juan. Has anyone had an experience on the Spirit? I have never been on Carnival, just on Celebrity Zenith and Holland America. Very much enjoyed both of those. We are all in our 30s. How is the food? Any info on this new Supper Club dining option? And if we fly into Fort Lauderdale the night before and the cruise goes out of Miami, where are some convenient easy places to stay? Thanks much for anyone who can provide any feedback. Peter

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 10:06 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Peter,<BR><BR>Carnival has "fun" ships. Very few go to bed early. It all depends on your lifestyle. There is so much to do on Carnival ships and as you walk down the promenade you hear laughing and singing in all the lounges.<BR><BR>Of course, since it is a value cruise line, you will find quite a few polyester sweat pants, muscle shirts, etc. All kinds and types of people.<BR><BR>The ships are eclectic but the new ships such as the Spirit are toned down quite a bit.<BR><BR>The food is rated good to excellent on Carnival. Most say it is great.<BR>Not up to that on Holland. It is more varied and ample on Carnival.<BR><BR>The service is not what you will find on Celebrity or Holland. There are mistakes made and some crew are new or have no social attributes. Nothing that serious. Depends on how picky you are.<BR><BR>The entetainment is very exciting and intense in the showrooms and the lounges all have terrific musicians.<BR>The big bands are excellent. If you enjoy the shows in Vegas you will like the shows on Carnival. There are no Broadway type musicals if that is what you prefer.<BR><BR>The supper clubs on the new ships are nice if you wish a different experience, such as a romantic dinner but I can not see paying additional when the dining rooms are just fine.<BR><BR>If you enjoy cruising and wish to have a different experience give Carnival a try. Just keep in mind it is not elegant.<BR><BR>Happy cruising.<BR><BR>Paul<BR>

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 10:20 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Peter,<BR><BR>Forgot Radience. RCCL is another mass-market cruise line with all kinds and types of passengers. <BR><BR>Service again is average. Food is rated average. <BR><BR>Shows are toned down a bit and the ships are a tad more elegant. You see more tuxedos at dinner.<BR><BR>Slightly older crowd than on Carnival but nothing that you would notice.<BR><BR>Definitely not country-club as on Celebrity. <BR><BR>Cruising experience is just about the same as Carnival except for the Voyager and Explorer. Those two ships are a destination. Just too much to write about.<BR><BR>Now you are really confused, right?<BR><BR>Paul<BR><BR>

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 10:22 AM
Anti Paul

Paul...please put me on your Christmas list!

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 04:16 PM
Mari, Travel Agent

Hi, Peter. I was onboard the Spirit in May. It is quite elegant, a whole different feel than any of Carnival's other ships. DO IT! I plan on sailing on the Spirit again next year and doing HA.<BR><BR>I love Celebrity. The two lines are quite different, and I love both for different reasons. The food on Carnival won't be quite as good as Celebrity, but you will have trade off's. As a travel agent, I have NO hesitation to book someone on the Spirit.<BR><BR>The supper club is fabulous. They have crab from Joe's in Miami, and aged steaks. It is only $15, and you order whatever you want off of the menu. Spent the money and go one night. You won't regret it. ENJOY!<BR>Mari