Alaska Cruise Info

Jan 22nd, 1999, 01:05 PM
Terri Hurley

Alaska Cruise Info

We want to take our mother on a cruise through Alaska,,, Fairbanks-Anchorage. Would like to know your favorite cruise lines and best time of year. I heard complete travel by the end of Sept. We have only cruised on the Royal Olympic through the Greek Isles and she has been on Carnival cruise in the Caribbean.

Jan 22nd, 1999, 02:55 PM
Dick Hardy

I would go no later than mid August - perhaps even earlier than that, if you can. We did Alaska on Celebrity Horizon and had an excellent cruise. in fact, we were most pleased with Celebrity in general - much more so than previous cruises with Princess. Have heard that Holland-American does a good job, too. Dick

Jan 25th, 1999, 08:19 PM
Nicole

If you are interested in a great site on
Alaska cruises and information try www.cruisealaska.com I used them last summer and got a great price.

Feb 5th, 1999, 03:26 PM
Amy

Hi Terri,

I went on the Carnival "Jubilee" last July to Alaska. I defintely do not recommend the ship but I did get to see the "Mercury" and it was amazing! We couldn't get on since we booked so late but if you can it is well worth it. Very new! Alaska on the other hand made cruising on the Jubilee so worth it! It is just so amazing! If you would like any more info. on Alaska let me know. We took the Southward trip from Ancorage to Vancouver! Have a wonderful trip.

Feb 28th, 1999, 06:24 PM
ROSE

I recommend Holland America. My mother then 78 and I loved the 3 days on the ship then 2 wks overland up to Fairbanks down to Denali then Anchorage. My favorite was Fairbanks. It is very walkable. In Skagway get off the main drag and eat in a little diner and mix with the locals. We spent 2 days at Denali Wilderness Lodge reaching it by 6 seater plane. Awsome-35 miles back country. Write if you want more info.