Advice on avoiding horrendous lineups at Vancouver's Cruise Terminal

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2024, 07:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doing day Alaska cruise out of Vancouver in June. Boarding starts at 10:30am and we've registered for a 11am embarkation... however... now reading lots of posts (on other forums) about what a nightmare Vancouver's Port Terminal is - 3-hour lineups and mass confusion.
Should we rebook for 10:30am instead and come even earlier - or - as a few posters have said, arrive late in afternoon?
Any other tips to make the best of it? We're not cruisers and only doing this because husband's siblings and their partners have organized. Also, I'm trying to convince hubbie to rent a car out of Skagway rather than doing the WRP train trip - we have always been very independent travellers and I always do research to the nth degree - and the planning, but I need your advice for the Vancouver terminal (or car rentals in Skagway too).
Old May 7th, 2024, 06:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vancouver’Cruise Terminal Dilemma

Because there are 3 ships departing that port on cruise day for Alaska, and from everything I’ve read about the terminal the question is, do we go super early or late to embark?