Adventurer/Voyager/Grand Princess

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 06:03 PM
Tracy

Adventurer/Voyager/Grand Princess

Help?

We are thinking of cruising this October, and we are considering- Adveture of the Sea's, Voyager of the Sea's or Grand Princess. Which ship is better. We are in our early 30's and can't decide. They all sound really beautiful.
Thanks....

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 10:57 PM
Paul Therault

They are Tracy. Tough decision. Sail RCCL this year and Princess next. Or the other way around.

Paul

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 06:58 PM
Theresa

They are all really beautiful! Sailed both Grand and Explorer (sister to Adventure and Voyager).

RCCL will have more kids then Princess.

RCCL has more activities such as rock climbing, ice skating and roller blading - not sure if this matters to you or not.

Princess has their pools open 24 horus a day and has fresh water in their pools (verses salt water). RCCL pools are only open until 8 I believe.

Princess will allow you to eat dinner whenever you want. RCCL is more structured in their dining room (early or late dining) while Princess allows you to do traditional (early or late) or anytime . . .

I think entertainment is good on both. Service was excellent on both. I give a nod to Princess for food and RCCL for more activities.

The good news is that you can't go wrong. I am 30 and enjoyed both ships equally.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 10:13 PM
Paul Therault

Great post Theresa.

Paul

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Tracy

Thanks Theresa and Paul.
Paul, may I ask which ship did you like better and why? We have no kids..but we'd enjoy the activities on RCCL, but would like the relaxation on Princess.
I'm so confused???

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Carson

I have sailed both Voyager and Grand Princess.

I prefer the Grand Princess. It is a little quieter, a little less busy and offered a little bit more relaxation.

I am 35 and when on Voyager - I felt compellled to be busy all the time. On the Grand - I could relax or be busy.

Both ships has great service and were very clean. I preferred the food on Princess by a tad.

Would definiely sail either in the future.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 01:29 AM
Paul Therault

Hi Tracy,

I have sailed the Voyager, Explorer and Grand.

It is really tough to tell you which ship is better. It may depend on your lifstyle.

There are a heck of a lot of families therefore more children on RCCL. You will find large crowds gathering in the Atrium and even though it is about 2 football fields long it is very crowded before dinner and after. But kids and crowds do not bother me.

I did enjoy the "yellow submarine" parade on the Voyager. It was extremely creative. I did like the chandelier in the dining room on the voyager (gone on the Explorer). I did enjoy the Oceanography Institute on the Explorer but the Voyager has an Audio/Video section along with a mini-museum of radios and TVs. The ice shows on both ships are worth the price of the cruise.

I really can not choose for you. This is the reason I had to sail the Explorer after the Voyager and am going to sail the Adventure soon.

As I stated previously I believe the Grand Princess is the most beautiful ship in the world (along with the Golden). It is truly elegant. The trees, flowers, lighting and design are something that other ships do not have. Walk around the upper decks after midnight and it is like heaven. You wait for the angels to appear. It has a pool where you can swim against a current. There are still many children but are mostly hidden from view due to the excellent upscale children's program. I found the food better then RCCL and about as gourmet as a large ship can be. Of course this may be a matter of taste. If you like seafood you will be in heaven.

If you like excitement I believe RCCL should be your choice.

Good luck,

Paul