Reload this Page >

3 day crusie from LA to Baja

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2001, 12:46 PM
chris

I am thinking about taking my first cruise with my wife (no kids)from LA to Baja. I would appreciate hearing about the experience of others regarding this ship and voyage. <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Chris.

Old Oct 8th, 2001, 10:21 AM
Lyndsay

We went on Viking Serenade this past July to Baja California. We were very pleased with our cruise, everything was wonderful. Our ports were San Deigo, Catalina Island, and Essenada Mexico. If you would like more infor on our trip please feel free to email me. <BR> <BR>Lyndsay

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 02:20 PM
jen

i think there are several lines that do this. i heard one report that the short 3 day cruises were "party boats" which maybe o.k. if that's what you want. also, depending what time of year you go, may not be warm enough to sit on the deck and use the pool.

Old Oct 16th, 2001, 10:07 PM
Heather

Chris, I would be VERY sure about what you are doing for your first cruise. A lot of first time cruisers who have bad experiences have one thing in common: they took a 3 day Carnival Cruise from L.A. to Baja. That's not to say that you will have a bad experience, but that trip is so short, and the previous poster, Jen, is right, the cruisers are known to be much more rowdy and a younger crowd. Why not spend a little more (prices are cheap right now!), take a 7 night Mexican Riviera Cruise (if you can't leave the kids for that long, take them with you, the cruiselines have fabulous kids' programs). I can tell you from my own experience - taking that short cruise almost turned me off of cruising forever, glad my husband talked me in to giving it another try. We took a Princess Cruise, and it obliterated the first cruise from my mind (thank goodness!!)

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 07:07 AM
Terry

If this is your first cruise, do NOT go Carnival. I'm a long time cruiser and took my husband on his first cruise on the Carnival (my first experience with Carnival and my last). He was very disappointed and very hard to convince to go on another cruise. I also recommend you take the 7 day on the Royal Caribbean line.