1st timers

Oct 9th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Original Poster

1st timers

We are looking at Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas for a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise in February 2009. Leaving and returning from Galveston, TX. UAL doesn't go to Galveston, but Houston, so a cab ride or rental car is in order. Is there anywhere to drop a rental in Galveston? Also, we are limited with FL departures due to FF miles awards travel availability. We are willing to buy airfare, so we're not locked in to a particular port. Is there still a Galveston, after Hurricane Ike? I have looked on their website, but haven't seen anything for details if you are supposed to be going out of Galveston.
Has anyone been on this ship, and what was your experience? The cruise goes to Grand Cayman, Montego Bay, Cozumel.
Oct 9th, 2008, 12:48 PM

I may be misreading your post, but the Liberty of the Seas does not leave from Galveston. The Voyager of the Seas is in Galveston. Don't know when the port will open again, but hear it should be open by Dec.1. Right now they are sailing out of the new Bayport Terminal in Pasadena. Only Carnival Conquest and Ecstasy are there now. VOS will be in in Nov.or Dec.
Oct 10th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Original Poster

You are right. My mistake. You are saying that they are leaving out of Pasadena--for the same cruise, or is it a different cruise? I probably should go to their website and dig around some more!
Oct 10th, 2008, 03:17 PM

It is the same cruise. Since the port of Galveston is closed they are using the new Bayport terminal in Pasadena.
Oct 10th, 2008, 04:44 PM

RC is not saying anything yet about Voyager as she is coming from Europe to Galveston on December 14. They hope port will reopen by then but it's now too early to conclude. Carnival announced that Ecstasy and Conquest are sailing from Houston at least till November 01.