Reload this Page >

Your most fun in Bermuda

Search

Your most fun in Bermuda

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 1997, 09:24 AM
Mr. and Mrs. Jack Williams

Your most fun in Bermuda

We are going to Bermuda for the first time for a week the first week of July. What was the most fun you had, the most unusual (even if most simple) time, while you were there. Wehn you walked...when you took a bicycle...when you took some organized tour or with a group...etc. Your favorite meal. Help us. Thank you.

Old Jun 22nd, 1997, 11:48 AM
Polly

Snorkeling!! And I am not a strong swimmer!

Old Jun 23rd, 1997, 04:56 AM
Pam

I'm sure you'll love Bermuda whatever you do! I've been there about 15 times and think the most fun I've had is just riding the mopeds and enjoying the beautiful views! If you just head off on your bike you are guaranteed to come across a location that will grab your attention. The beach at Horeshoe Bay is my favorite and Elbow Beach is quite nice, also. If you are into shopping, enjoy Front St. in Hamilton and Dockyard at the West End. The most unusual time I had was watching for the fireworms
(ask a native about them or visit the aquarium to get the full story!) You'll find the Bermudians are great people, friendly and very helpful. It's almost impossible to pick my "favorite" meal, but I
NEVER miss Sunday brunch at Waterlot. Ask for outdoor seating and enjoy the Dixieland jazz band and the wonderful food and deserts. It seems in recent years that the quality of some of the "big name" restaurants has gone downhill somewhat, but worth trying are Fourways, The Newport Room (in Southampton Princess), The Lobster Pot and The Swizzle Inn. You must try their Rum Swizzles, but be careful, they creep up on you! Enjoy your trip and if you have any other questions, feel free to E-mail me.

Old Jun 28th, 1997, 11:36 AM
sfarrell

Excuse me for butting in but would appreciate your advice as you seem to know the island well. Where do you recommend staying. Do you recommend going in August?

Hotel- We prefer something in the upper range but not necessarily the most expensive, but very very nice. Lots of beautiful beach, nice pool etc. Do not want a family, many kids about place as it is just the two of us. Thanks for your ideas.

Old Jun 28th, 1997, 02:53 PM
Jack Williams

Thanks for those two responses. Anyone else. What was the most boring thisng you did, the thing you would never do again? What was the wildest, most unusual thing you did?

Old Jun 28th, 1997, 03:07 PM
Jack Williams

Thank you for the two responses. Anyone else? Tell me, in addition, the most boring thing you did, the thing you definitely would not do again upon return. What was the craziest, the wildest, the most memorable thing you did?