XMAS BREAK FAMILY TRIP

Sep 5th, 2003, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

XMAS BREAK FAMILY TRIP

My kids have 2 full weeks off this Dec. Any ideas for a 4 or 5 day trip that won't cost us thousands? Live in NY, will fly or drive, need 2 rooms where ever we go. Any help would be appreciated. Maybe a cruise?
Sep 5th, 2003, 10:24 AM

From CT and driven with kids to Orlando FL and stayed at a brand new housing developement in a new 4 bedroom 2 bath home cheaper then hotels at Disney! Screened in pool at every house and 7 minutes from Disney. grocery stores nearby. I just checked and Prices are much higher per nite for those weeks. Goes from $109 a nite for a 3 bedroom 2 bath & pool home to $169 those peak weeks. Christmas may be a bit more money & crowded in parks and weather not warm as carib. But any place in carib during those weeks is gonna cost alot as flights will be high. Chk-out Deals at the Inter- continental hotel on the beach in San Juan Puerto Rico. Husband & I just returned and absolutely beautiful hotel and beach . There are deals if you ask travel agent. Also direct non stop flights. We went thru Liberty Travel.
E-mail me at [email protected] if you want to see pics of homes in orlando or Hotel in San Juan. I also have the web site for the homes to rent in Orlando. They have whole neighborhoods now being built and bought just to rent to tourist. Where ever you end up, have a wonderful time with family!
Carla, mom of 10 great kids.
Sep 5th, 2003, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

THANKS very much for the info, but driving to Fla is out of the question for me. I barely made it to Niagra Falls 2 years ago. My brother also was at Intercontinental and loved it. I'll look into it, but am not optimistic about it being affordable in Dec. Thanks again.
Sep 5th, 2003, 06:12 PM

Head north to Montreal (fly/drive) and the Laurentians if you ski;if not, just stay in town which is one great celebration time at Christmas and affordable, if not in Caribbean.
Sep 5th, 2003, 07:14 PM
Rob

Air fare andhotels in Puerto Rico are at their highest prices from DEc 15 on.
Sep 5th, 2003, 09:37 PM

I think you should probably look into a cruise. As a longtime (20 year) resident of St. Thomas in the USVI - and as much as I'd love to steer you towards information on this part of the world - a cruise would seem the best bet for all of you. Check it all out! By the way, I've been on many cruises and thoroughly enjoyed them even though I live in the supposedly American Paradise!