Reload this Page >

Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort

Search

Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 07:01 AM
Martin

Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort

I am going to the Wyndham Resort in April 2001.Does anyone have any information about this resort that has been there lately. Such as the food,beach and the weather??

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 03:15 PM
Kris

I assume there is only one Wyndham Sugar Bay, on St. Thomas? If so, we were there last week. <BR> <BR>The food was good, not great. We ate dinner and breakfast at the Manor House which is the main restaurant behind the lobby. They had a salad bar and about 8 or 9 entrees to choose from at dinner. For breakfast it was a buffet. We ate dinner one night at the Mangrove Cafe by the pool. It was also a buffet w/ mexican food. We were only there two nights so I don't know if they serve different things every night. There is also a grill by the pool where we ate lunch. <BR> <BR>The beach was fairly small. It was pretty though. We didn't swim there so I don't know what the water was like. (We took a day trip to the BVI's). There were lots of chairs and some hammocks and even some kids toys. <BR> <BR>The weather was warm the entire week we were on the island. It was around 85 degrees. No rain!! The water was cool at first, but fine once you got used to it. <BR> <BR>One thing to be prepared for: it is a LONG walk to the pool area and the beach. There are maybe 5 flights of stairs. It's not so bad going down, but if you're not in shape you'll be exhausted by the time you get back to the top! <BR> <BR>Let me know if you have any other questions! I would be happy to answer them!

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 03:45 PM
Parrot Mom

There is a jitney at the main building to avoid the infamous 100 steps..we were there a few years ago.. At the end of the hotel driveway there is a bus stop that picks you up for $1.00 instead of the $6.00 each to go to CA.... for more info and pictures please write..

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 06:04 AM
Mendy

We are going in 2 weeks and are doing the all-inclusive. What does that cover? What rooms would you recommend? <BR>Also, what is the attire for dinner? <BR>Thanks.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 01:12 PM
Kris

The all inclusive covers everything as far as food, alcohol (but not beer I don't think) and any non-motorized water sports. <BR> <BR>All of the rooms are at the top of the hill, so you will have to take the stairs to the pool and beach. Other than that, I don't know which rooms are better. <BR> <BR>They do give you a "Resort Attire" sheet when you check in. It does say, "we request that gentlemen wear slacks and shirts w/ collars and that ladies wear fashionable skirts, dresses, or pants suits, when dining in the Manor House Restaurant." I personally saw shorts and t-shirts in that restaurant. I don't know how much they enforce this policy, but people clearly chose to do their own thing. (It was mostly the families w/ kids that wore the shorts). Everyone else just dressed "nice". I didn't see any dresses. They say casual dress is recommended for the Mangrove Restaurant which is located by the pool. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps. I still have my papers from the hotel (I keep everything!!) so let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to answer them.