Wyndham,St. Thomas

Mar 31st, 1999, 11:22 AM
Lisa

Wyndham,St. Thomas

I am getting married at the Wyndam, St. Thomas in July. I would love to receive feedback on the resort,including wedding info.,food, watersports and activities, and surrounding areas. Thanks!

Mar 31st, 1999, 05:08 PM
Judy

Hi Lisa,

My husband and I spent a week at the Wyndham in February. Visit my photo essay if you get a chance.
http://people.ne.mediaone.net/hoppnb..._contents.html

I should think you'll love this place. The rooms are nice. The Wyndham is beautifully sited -- it perches on a promontory with gorgeous views of the water. They have activities (poolside bingo, snorkel scavenger hunt) and you can play games and win rum and other prizes. The staff is ULTRA COURTEOUS and most are competent. They try really hard to please for the most part. I thought the food was GREAT. One night out of seven I wasn't thrilled (that was fish night). On the down side -- Atlantis Sub costs $72 per person and they take you to a place where the coral is pretty dead looking. If you've always wanted to ride in a real submarine though, go anyway. A woman I spoke with went with Limnos to BVI. She said they had to wait around an hour and a half in the morning for stragglers to show up. Then they felt rushed at each of their sight seeing stops. Those are the only negative things I have to say.
Best Wishes!!

Apr 24th, 1999, 10:14 PM
Tracey

Me and my husband went to St. Thomas in June of 98. We stayed at the Wyndam. On the positive side, the rooms were very nice, set up very well. We especially liked the view. The food was ok, the grounds and the pool area were very nice. The staff were very professional. On the negative side, the beach area was a very big disapointment, we found out after we arrived, that the beach is man made, and it looks it. The pool is not very accessible. You have to use stairs to go down to the pool area, when I say stairs, I mean about 100 stairs. I'm not one to complain, but after a few to many daquari's, I don't care to climb 100 stairs to get back to my room. Overall, I would more than likely stay somewhere else.

May 6th, 1999, 01:05 PM
Melissa

I stayed at the Wyndham last May for our wedding (we didn't know you could get married at that resort, so we chose another one). The wyndham was a very nice resort with a lot of amenities. The food was good, the pool is so pretty and the grounds are pretty and well kept. I agree that the beach isn't so great. We took a ferry to St. Thomas 2 days out of the 8, and we loved it over there! The beaches are all beautiful, and practically empty. Very natural and untouched. (especially Trunk Bay). We really don't have anything negative to say about the resort. It was such a nice place, and we met many other couples similar to ourselves. Very condusive to couples. Romantic and pretty. Have a great time! (*Be sure to bring all your wedding stuff with you on the plane, as you don't want to chance the airline losing anything so important! - it happened to me!)

May 6th, 1999, 06:38 PM
Parrot Mom

Hi-stayed for a week at the Wyndom in St. Thomas in February.....the food in the dining room--where you MUST make reservations is very, very good...the buffet for lunch and supper near the pool is just okay... the grille outside near the pool with the worlds best hamburgers---chicken, fish...is not to be missed...Besides all the mixed drinks, iced tea and tonic available all the time... Beach is small-most people do not stay on the facility, but take off for St. Johns, Meghan Bay or downtown shopping or wherever...They were going to start having entertainment around the pool, at the time the entertainment was a minus... There are iguanas all over the place checking you out--they are harmless--well I hope they are--they are hundreds.. in the late morning by the tennis courts they feed them--it's a sight to behold--they all come up to the feeding area where they are fed romaine lettuce and maraschino cherries..... One of the things we learned too late was at the end of the driveway to the hotel there is a bus that stops by that takes you to town for $1.00--otherwise it's $6.00 or so to get a taxi... C.A., downtown is a riot...all these cruise ships with everybody coming off to either go snorkeling or shopping... they say there are 90 jewelry shops downtown--I believe it--if you thinking about a camera or something else--know your prices before you go...if your going to buy jewelry beware..prices are all negotiable... China and crystal at Little switzerland are great buys.. I went with price list and knew the price of my collectible--I saved anywhere from 30 to 40 percent and no tax... Took ferry to St. Johns which we adored...it's absolutely beautiful... find a jeep and driver and they fill it with about 8 people --maybe about $10.00 each--and he gives you a tour of the island--stop at Mongoose Station or whatever for cute little shopping area... or take the bus near the ferry and have him stop at where you want to go..snorkeling or swimming--the water is just gorgeous....

Oh yes, the infamous 90 plus steps to the pool area--we got around it by going to reception area and getting jitney which takes you directly....

Oh yes, there were several wedding the week we were there-even a couple from the UK

Please write me for more info--

May 11th, 1999, 04:25 PM
Diane

Dear Lisa,

We stayed at the Wyndam in July of 97. My husband and I really enjoyed the food. We were very disappointed in the beach. If you get a chance, take a day trip to Megan's Bay. It is truly beautiful. As mentioned in previous messages, there are a lot of steps to the pool and can be tiring. The pool area was very nice. The rooms were also very nice. Congratulations on your marriage and I hope you have a good time at the Wyndam.