Wyndham Resort St.Thomas

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 11:09 AM
Danny

Wyndham Resort St.Thomas

Planning a trip to St.Thomas this June and was wondering what the Wyndham Sugar Bay Beach Club Resort is like. Is the hotel well kept? How are the beaches? How is the all-inclusive food and drink? Staff friendly? Pool nice (how large?)? Rooms nice? How far from shopping area and Red Hook ferry? People in town friendly? Any other information don't hesitate to inform!

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 06:14 AM
Adam

Danny,
The Wyndham in St. Thomas is amazing.It is well worth the money. I went there last year over Easter for a week. The beach is quiet.You never have a problem finding a chair. The food is great ( even for hotel food ) The all-inclusive is more than worth it. The guy at the grill told me that it would be crazy to not get it. A can of soda is $3 and a hamburger is $8 or more. You can order 10 hamburgers and they'll make them for you, no questions asked. As far as alcohol, if you can drink it they'll give it to you. We invented our own drinks and they give you as many as you want.The rooms were nice and clean. The staff was always willing to help. There are a couple pools that are nice and big. It costs approx. $16 per person each way to get into town. We found that going into town is not much cheaper than actually buying things from the hotel lobby (esp. when you factor in the money it takes to get there). Go and have fun. It more than worth it. I wish I were in your shoes!

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 07:38 AM
Adam

Adam, thanks for the information. We are going to go and are in the process of booking it. Thanks again for the information.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 11:01 AM
Parrot Mom

Isn't there a service from the hotel that takes you into town for a decent price..or at the end of the driveway which we found out too late is the local bus. I have to admit the grill around the pool made the best hamburgers. We would get hamburgers, get the french fries and everything else at the buffet and sit on the patio enjoying our lunch.

Most worthwhile in town is the shopping, but you had darn well be out of there when the shops close about 5:00 p.m. it is not known as the safest of areas unfortunately.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 06:52 PM
Cara

You can join the Wyndham ByRequest on their website and get 5 nights at a reduced rate with the 6th & 7th night free (Caribbean Getaway ByRequest package). I just joined and was able to book a week shortly after.