Wyndham El Conquistador

Old Nov 22nd, 2000, 06:12 AM
Wells

Wyndham El Conquistador

Planning to be there in Jan., can anyone give me specifics on accomodations there, etc.?

Old Nov 25th, 2000, 03:34 PM
Lauren

VERY PLUSH! Great hotel. You'll enjoy it. It's not cheap but if you're going on your company's tab, lucky you! Each time my boss has company from off island, she takes the visitors to this hotel for a visit.

Old Dec 6th, 2000, 08:06 AM
les

Nice enough place, but watch out for the room charges. When I was there last year I returned home only to find out at the end of the month that they had added another $275 in bogus room charges to my Visa after I checked out. There were two charges for restaurants---one was inflated by $100 and the other was completely erroneous (I never ate there). Also, for the price it can be kind of snippy---a sign on the beach (you have to take a little ferry to get there) that tells you that you "must" return your towels to the hotel, and the ferry itself runs on a schedule that would make Mussolini proud (we were on the dock running for the boat and they refused to wait another 30 seconds for us).

But the view is lovely.

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 11:37 PM
Deborah

I spent a week there in January and it was fabulous! Upgrade to a full ocean view room - its worth the extra price. The beach at the island is great, but the snorkeling is pretty poor. Don't worry about the signs re: the towels - we left ours on the island along with several others, not a big deal. The property is really beautiful and its a very relaxing place - the complex is huge. Enjoy!

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 04:21 PM
fannie

stayed there last feb. with my two kids. its a beautiful hotel with great restaurants. highly recommend it!!

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 02:47 PM
Kristen

I wrote an "epinion" about this resort -- see it at http://www.epinions.com/trvl-review-...3911886B-prod3

Beautiful accommodations, I recommend oceanfront w/balcony at La Marina.