windjammmer barefoot cruise

Jun 18th, 2001, 04:42 PM
Lisa

windjammmer barefoot cruise

looking for anyone who has done the cruise. our first time this dec. is it fun? worth it? where to stay on St. Maarten - someplace nice? thanks! Lisa

Jun 19th, 2001, 04:26 AM
Kay

Hi Lisa:

I ahve been on 3 Windjammer Crusies. I have a close friend who is on the Polynesia right now. It is a blast of fun. Far different than the mega foo foo ships where you are up close and person with thousands of people. The Ply onlwy hold 110 passengers when full.

Actually I just got back from spending my vacation/anniversary on teh CAptiva a 68 foot yacht that is a b&b with only one cople as guest at a time. What is so unique about this boat is that it is a wondering B&B in that is sails to a port and stay stays there for a few months and is a b&b then is sails to another destination etc. Now I know what the rich and famous feel like. Scott is the first make and takes care of the yacht and cooks your breakfast. There is even a jacuzzi on top deck, a wave runner you can use and the owners cabin where the guests stay has a king bed with skylilghts over the bed and jacuzzi bathtub WOW! I have never felt so decant in my life. I used to rav about Windjammer but it can't even come close to competing with this. IF you would like to know more about Windjammer or Captiva e-mail me.

PS The Captiva will be in the Playa Car area of MExcio this fall. Then will will eventually go tol Costa Rica, Belize throught he Panama canal up the wets coat of Mexico staping at Acapo, Zihwatanaho (sp) Puerto Vallarta, Cabo up California to Alaska next sumner. Long range plans call for it to go to Hawaii for a couple of years after that then to Tahiti and Australia.