Search

Windjammer Landing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2000, 07:41 AM
Ike Hanson

Windjammer Landing

My fiance and I are going to honeymoon at Windjammer Landing in three weeks. Anyone been there recently? We opted for the one bedroom villa w/ plunge pool and the all-inclusive plan. I would love to hear of anyone's recent experiences there. How were the accomodations, food and service? Thanks!

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 05:38 AM
John

Ike, <BR> <BR>We stayed at the Windjammer Landing two years ago and had a GREAT time. We have visited about 8-10 Carribean islands and Windjammer has been our favorite hotel to stay. The villas with the plunge pools were very unique (and romantic!!). It was almost like having your own house in the Carribean. There was also some really good jazz music around the bar at night (maybe because we were there just prior to the island's annual jazz festival). <BR> <BR>The people were very friendly (that was the case for the whole island). We did our meals on our own so I cannot comment on the food (except for breakfast - which was very good as I recall). <BR> <BR>You will have a very memorable honeymoon!!! <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>John

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 01:55 PM
Ron

Ike: My wife and I stayed at the Windjammer two years ago and felt it was really enjoyed it. We also decided on a 1 bedroom villa with plunge Pool and the additional money was well worth it. We did not do the all-inclusive because we wanted to experince the different restraunts. I loved the food at Windjammer but we never regreted the not taking the all-inclusive package. E-mail me and I will give you more information and I have a contact in California who I can refer you to who has been there at least twice.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 01:55 PM
Phil Bailey

I am also interested in anyone's thoughts on Windjammer. Has anyone been there recently? I've heard mostly positive things about the place. How were the villas? Is it worth doing the all-inclusive?

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 11:11 AM
Linda

Have been to Windjammer twice---summer 1996 and April 1995---both times with kids---13 and 1 year the first time (you do the math for the 2nd!) <BR>The villas are beautiful---our first stay was #9--a two bedroom/plunge pool with magnificent terrace. We had been upgraded from 1BR/plunge which I think happens often because there are very few 1BR/plunge. The second time we opted for 2BR/Plunge and got 3BR/plunge---actually not as nice a layout as our first trip but still nice. <BR> <BR>Pools are very nice, staff very friendly and helpful, food is OK----we did all-inclusive but if you're considering venturing out for meals would do so and skip AI---heard Green Parrot restaurant is worth trying. <BR> <BR>The biggest negative---the beach is small and water was quite murky. <BR> <BR>Overall very romantic and although lots of kids when we went, may be less in the time you're going. <BR> <BR>Have a great time!!! <BR> <BR>Any other questions, feel free to e-mail. <BR>Linda

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 09:58 PM
Nikki

Just back from Sandals Halcyon where we spoke to a couple who had just come from Windjammer, which was a place I was considering. This couple were deeply disappointed in Windjammer as it wasnt at all like what the brochure said it would be. Cant comment personally as I didnt go there but I can recommedn sandals Halcyon.