Windjammer Barefoot Cruise

Feb 27th, 1998, 08:01 AM
Kelly

Windjammer Barefoot Cruise

Planning our first cruise and have chosen Windjammer. Planning to go winter of 99 and would appreciate any experiences good or bad.

Feb 27th, 1998, 03:39 PM
Bill

Windjammer has a very active online bulletin board
http://www.windjammer.com/wwwboard/index.html

Mar 4th, 1998, 04:15 PM
Cleopatra

I was on the Amazing Grace, the supply ship for Windjammers, two years ago, sailing from Trinidad to the Behamas. It carried about 100 passengers and was a real can in comparison to the large cruise ships. Most passengers were over 50. I enjoyed the trip very much. Food was excellant. Lounge space was unnecessarily limited, mainly for lack of decentlamps and chairs. I have not been on one of the Windjammers, the sailing vessel, but was led to believe they have passengers sitting on deck much of the time for lack of a dining room and lounge space. Also, a younger group of passengers sail.

Mar 13th, 1998, 06:31 AM
Cheri

I am 50 and have been on several Windjammers and have 2 more booked at this time. They are a lot of fun and very casual. The food is good and the people are usually terriffic. There is no dressing up and you can sleep on deck if you wish. There are all age groups on every cruise except maybe the Amazing Grace and that seems to be an older maybe retired type crowd. If you want to know anything else, email me. I'll be happy to help. Also the WJ BBS is fantastic. People discuss their trips and the crew and everything else. If you want a trip where you have a ball and formal night is a clean t-shirt, this is for you.

Mar 16th, 1998, 11:43 AM
Jean E. Bowers

I think that you have made a good choice with Windjammer. I have taken two trips and am considering a third this fall. On both trips the crew did everything within their power to insure a good time. Each day usually brings a new island and a variety of activities to join in. You can be active every minute or do nothing at all, it is completely up to you. The food is very good and a huge variety even considering the small gally space. They bake all their own bread daily. The side trips which are at your own expense are varied for the very athletic to the slow and easy. I was impressed with the quality of service and how clean everything in the cabins and on deck were kept. No matter the time day or night the coffee is always on. Take advantage of stow away night it is great fun at a very low cost. You have the opportunity to get a feel for the ship before you set sail. In my opinion there is no better way to see the Caribbean than under full sail. Have a great trip.