Search

Wind in T&C?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wind in T&C?

Have read a few posts about annoying wind in Provo. We have been to Aruba and have experienced the wind there. Is the weather in Provo similar to that? We are going in July....please comment on severity of wind, average air temp, humidity, average water temp, etc...
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 09:51 AM

My wife and I are regulars on Provo and we just returned from our first visit to Aruba. One can not compare the high winds in Aruba to the beautiful Ocean breeze that come in off of the most Turquiose was in T & C.

http://www.provo.net/ checkout this link for more info on Provo.
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 10:51 AM

Been to both - no comparison windwise.
Aruba is WINDY. Provo has a constant gentle breeze. Provo air temps 75-85, not very humid at all. Don't know water temps except remember it is farther north than Aruba - so in Jan-Feb some may find the water a little cool - I don't - but I swim in Georgian Bay (Lake Huron) (now that is COLD even in summer).
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 06:44 PM

We were in T&C in early November and at the end of our trip, around Nov. 9th the wind started to kick up and was really too windy to stay on the beach. This might just be part of the winter season there. I think the Caribbean in the winter months is normally more windy in the winter than spring and summer.....just my observation.
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 03:39 AM

We were also there in November and it was WINDY.
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 04:38 AM

I have been to Aruba twice (once in March and once in November) and to Provo once (in April) and I experienced much windier conditions on Provo. You couldn't sit on the beach for several days. It was breezy in Aruba when I was there but not windy.
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:56 AM

Looks as though it's a toss-up. Never been to Aruba but was on Provo two years ago early April. Sadly, it was much to windy to stay on the beach for 1/2 the time we were there. For this reason, I believe it is wise to find a property that has a somewhat protected pool area. At least then you can enjoy the pool if you can't the beach.
Unfortunately for us the pool at Coral Gardens is not the best nor it is very protected. For that reason alone we would not go back to Coral Gardens. IMHO.
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

We are going in July....any visitors experience wind that time of year? Also, does the Sands have a protected pool area?
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 12:53 PM

We just returned from our 3rd trip to Provo and the winds were very strong.Everyone,including shopkeepers were saying they had never seen anything like this.The waves were large and very noisy,unlike other years we have been there. Every day we kept expecting them to abate and I'm guessing that by now they probably have. We were there the week of the 5th.
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 02:53 PM

This has been a most unusual winter in T&C. Everyone there is saying so: has to do with the hurricane that passed through last Sept.
When you go in July you will be very happy to have the wind.

In Jan. the air temp was in the mid 70's. It was fine to sit at the beach if the clouds were sparse. But when a cloud passed over it was a bit cool. Often we went to the pool which was protected and much warmer. In the winter it gets dark about 5, so of course is cooler. In summer the day is much longer (as is everywhere) so the sun is warmer much longer(obviously).