Wimco & Villa prices

Dec 5th, 2000, 11:40 AM
Joe G.

Wimco & Villa prices

I have been looking at Villas on Wimco's website. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them, and whether or not prices are negotiable? Joe G.

Dec 5th, 2000, 11:47 AM
Nicole

There prices are not negotiable and in my opinion have lost some of their customer service skills since they have gotten so big. Depending on where you are looking to go there are many other companies that will do just as good a job as they do at a much more reasonable rate.

Dec 5th, 2000, 11:48 AM
Nicole

sorry about that misspelling there,

Dec 5th, 2000, 06:46 PM
Cher

In regard to your question about Wimco. My husband and I rented a house three years ago, and they were wonderful. Very organized and thorough giving us the particulars on the house we rented. They are a little on the highside, but the house we rented was well worth the expense. We highly recommend them! Good Luck

Dec 6th, 2000, 07:37 AM
Felix Little

I disagree with Cher, or at least i had a very different experience. Wimco customer service is horrible. It can take up to 3 days for them to respond to you and they certainly aren't reliable. I have taken my business to CaribbeanWay.com and their young, energetic staff has been absolutely amazing. I highly recommend them for any villa vacation to the Caribbean. Check out their site at www.caribbeanway.com or give them a call 1-877-953-7400 - i was dealing with Mr. Jazz Poulin. Customer service is #1.

Dec 6th, 2000, 08:28 AM
BillK

I have been using wimco for the last several years. Their agent in St Barths is SiBarth and we have never had a problem with them. On the contrary if we neede anything (even a burnt out lightbulb on the deck) it was attended to the same day. Negatiation is done through them but with the owner and usually only happens for extended stays or for off peak times.