Reload this Page >

Which St. Thomas Villa?

Search

Which St. Thomas Villa?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 10:31 AM
Andrea

Which St. Thomas Villa?

<BR>Hello, <BR> <BR>Our family would like to rent a villa in St. Thomas for a week in either March, May, or June. Three people are in their 30s, and two people in their late 50s, and two people in their 70s. We're looking for accomodations that are: <BR> <BR>-- four or five bedrooms (with A/C) <BR> <BR>-- somewhat accessible for the older members of our group who can't <BR>walk long distances without a cane or walker <BR> <BR>-- have a private beach or nearby beach access <BR> <BR>-- a great, somewhat large private pool <BR> <BR>-- gourmet kitchen (gas stovetop preferred, my husband is quite the <BR>chef and he'd be cooking dinners for everyone on most evenings) <BR> <BR>-- outdoor grill area <BR> <BR>-- parking area for rental car <BR> <BR>-- overall luxury accommodations <BR> <BR> <BR>We have seen pictures on various realty web sites and are considering <BR>Sand Dollar (because of the private beach), Silk Cotton Villa, <BR>Paradise Found, Beausoleil, and Ventana. Any first-hand knowledge of <BR>any of these? Any others we should add to our list? Any advice for booking villas in general? <BR> <BR>Also, do you prefer the Peterborg area or Charlotte Amalie? Most villas are in Peterborg but we did see two we like near Morningstar Beach. <BR> <BR>None of us have ever been to St. Thomas so any information is appreciated! Thanks! <BR> <BR>Andrea <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 01:23 PM
Gerie

Andrea, you might want to check into the three villas at www.villavacations.net <BR>Gerie

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 08:08 PM
Laurie

We stayed at villa Fantasia in Red Hook . This villa is 7000 sq. ft. sits on a hill with beautiful views of B.V.I.'s. St. John Check out its site at www.fantasia.vi.

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 05:30 PM
dan

Just spent two weeks in St Thomas...great time...DON'T stay at Villa Fantasia--although the view is AMAZING, the Villa is run down...if all u want is view, go for it, but if you care about the quality of the Villa--be warned....Blue Moon is by far the best...Taorima was also nice, as is Sea Star...we had 60 guests at our wedding, so we had the chance to see a lot of Villas!

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 05:15 AM
Gina

SAND DOLLAR!!!!! Stayed there in 1999 and would go back in a flash!!! Sand Dollar most definitely meets 7 out of 8 of your criteria. The only thing I would worry about are the many steps you have to go down to get to the private beach (which is amazing!). <BR>-The 4 bedrooms in Sand Dollar are A/C and very comfortable!<BR>-the pool is relatively big and has great views<BR>-didn't spend much time in the kitchen but it was stocked well . . and the table sits 10(?)<BR>-there is an outdoor grill that we used once<BR>-plenty of parking for rental car<BR>-YES, LUXURY to its finest!<BR><BR>I would hate for you to pass up Sand Dollar because of the steps but now that I think about it, there are quite a few . . . From parking the rental car to getting inside the villa, you would have to walk down 15-20 steps. Once inside, there are 15-20 steps to get down into the "living area" of the villa . . . Also -- there are approx. 15-20 steps down to the pool . . and then wood steps down to the beach.<BR><BR>If you'd like to know anymore about Sand Dollar, please e-mail me . . <BR>Hope this helped! : )<BR>You'll have a great time no matter WHERE you stay!!!<BR>-Gina

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 07:39 PM
Traveler

Have you considered St. Croix? St. Croix offers everything you expect of a Caribbean Island...great diving/SCUBA, warm aquamarine water, beautiful beaches, fabulous weather, the Caribbean culture and a relaxed island experience without the crowds that St. Thomas has. St. Thomas will get 4-6 ships in port each day while St. croix gets 3-4 per week. The island is three times the size of St. Thomas and has the same local population. <BR><BR>I have stayed at Villa Dawn, I think their website is www.villadawn.com, and it was great. It would meet most of your requirements.

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 07:41 PM
anon

The last post was SPAM by Kent who owns that villa. He also posted in the "Crime in USVI" thread.