Which part of Grand Cayman to stay on

Mar 30th, 2018, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Which part of Grand Cayman to stay on

We're planning a trip to Grand Cayman this summer. I'm looking at houses on homeaway and looking for info about the different parts of the island. Is it easy to get fromnone part to another by bus? My husband will probably rent a car; I am not comfortable driving myself on the left side of the road. Are parts of the island windier? Any must dos? Thanks!
Mar 31st, 2018, 06:49 AM

I'd be wanting to stay as close to 7 Mile Beach as possible especially if you are relying on public transport which I know nothing about. I've been to GC twice and both times stayed on 7MB so only needed a car for a couple of days to explore the island. Driving on the left is easy on GC as there is little traffic, it's not like trying to drive on the left for the first time and you are in central London. If you stay away from 7MB I would think you'll need a rental car for most or all of the time, to be in reach of supermarkets, restaurants etc. And in summer, it is really really hot.
Mar 31st, 2018, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! We ended up renting a condo in West Bay close to 7 MB. We will be renting a car. I'm not too worried about the heat. As a teacher, I'm pretty much stuck going places during the summer so we've done Florida and Bermuda multiple times in July and August which was pretty hot. I'm excited to go somewhere I haven't been before.