Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Which airline has the lowest priced vacation package to the Dominian Republic???

Which airline has the lowest priced vacation package to the Dominian Republic???

Jun 28th, 2003, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

I'm trying to find a low priced vacation package to the Dominican Republic for this September.So far it seem's alot of the packages from Albany,New York are already booked.American Airlines shows no flight availability.I'm looking to stay at the Sun Village Beach Resort-AL.Any suggestions or helpful comments would be appreciated.Debbie
Jun 28th, 2003, 06:54 AM

Hi Debbie:

You might want to try other dates if you're flexible, or try on another airline, like Us Air. Also, through tour operators like Apple or Gogo. They may not work with the hotel you have in mind, but you can probably get something similar.

Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions. Regards,

Enrique
Jun 29th, 2003, 06:42 AM
Jed

Last year we had a package from Philly to DM with Apple. Very good deal, but you have to be careful about the time the plane leaves. Some leave late in day, and get there at night, so you lose an afternoon there. ABC club also has packages, I believe.
Jun 29th, 2003, 06:50 AM

Try Expedia. We booked our April vacation package through them and felt it was a very good value.
Jun 29th, 2003, 10:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone.I am trying to exhaust every avenue possible so I can get the cheapest price possible.Since the end of September is low season I think I should be able to get a good price.American Airlines Vacations has the hotel I want(Deluxe Room,All
Inclusive)with air
and transfers for $826 per person for 4 nights.I think I'll wait and see if that price goes down....
If it doesn't I'll check with my travel agent and see if she can get me a package for less.
The hotel is running a great deal now:The 2nd person stays free..That's all-inclusive in a deluxe room for $150 per night for two people!!Wow!What a fabulous deal.The only problem is I would have to book the Air and right now it's sky high out of Albany,New York. $555.00 per person RT......Does anyone think that might go down???