Reload this Page >

where to stay in st thomas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 1998, 12:00 PM
randy

message: We are planning a November wedding in St. Thomas, looking for honeymoon information. Interested in information on Emerald Beach Resort & Cabrita condos. Or other romantic locations. please help!

Old Sep 26th, 1998, 12:53 PM
Viviane

Hi Randy, <BR> <BR>I dont'have any info. on Cabrita condos but here's what I've got on Emerald Beach Resort: the Resort is on Lindbergh Bay. All rooms are oceanfront with private balcony, air-conditioning, cable TV, marble bath, coffee maker and more... Their waterfront restaurant offers a fabulous Friday Night Buffet and Sunday Brunch with live music. They also have a freshwater pool with waterfall, a beach bar, tennis, watersports and a diving center. I don't know anyone who stayed there, I found the information on a brochure of the hotel. <BR>As far as honeymoons are concerned, I really like the Marriott Frenchmann's Reef - check their "Honeymoon experience" package and their "No Nonsense all inclusive honeymoon" package. Also, look into Their Morning Star resort Complex (the complex offers 96 wateredge rooms all with their own private veranda !). <BR>You might want to check the Elysian Beach Resort (rated Superior/First Class). Their deluxe package includes A/C room with balcony, daily continental breakfast, welcome bottle of champagne, romantic all-day cruise for 2 to the British Virgin Islands, Sunday Brunch for 2, a fitness center, hotel tax and service charge. McLaughlin Anderson villas carries a wide variety of villas for rent, from one to 6 bedroom (I think) on all 3 U.S.V.I. If you need more info. e-mail me and I will send you a list of Internet sites and toll-free numbers to request brochures and info.on St.Thomas.

Old Sep 26th, 1998, 01:21 PM
Viviane

One more comment to my earlier message. If you get a chance, take the ferry over to St.John, it's short and very affordable. St.John is more quiet since it's a national parkland, with secluded, private beaches. More romantic ! Call the Department of Tourism offices at 1.800.372.U.S.V.I and ask for their "honeymoon guide". <BR>There are also a lot of tour operators offering island honeymoon packages. <BR>

Old Oct 3rd, 1998, 12:35 PM
web

I am not to fond of the area around Lindbergh Bay. It isn't exactly unsafe, but it isn't all that nice either. It is also very near the airport and the University, but not too close to anything else. I have never stayed there, being a local, I don't venture into the resorts much, but I hear it is more of a "budget" type place. The brochure sure sounds nice, but, well, don't they all? <BR> <BR>"The Reef," on the other hand is very well known and loved by those who live here. It has been a mainstay for more than 20 years. When they renovated it in 97 they made it incredible. You can see it from all over the downtown area and the harbour. It stands on a cliff, a proud beacon of Caribbean pride. They are very popular with honeymooners and for weddings. It is also close to havensight and downtown, with a waterferry running to the waterfront several times a day. I know they have a website at www.marriott.vi, and you can get a lot of useful information from www.st-thomas.com, www.usvi.net and www.usviguide.com as well. <BR> <BR>Hail Vivane for recommending St. John for a day too. Don't miss it!

Old Oct 14th, 1998, 10:22 PM
Helen

Hi Randy, <BR> <BR>We're also looking at staying at Cabrita in November next year. Here is their web address. <BR> <BR>http://www.cstyle.co.vi/#cabrita <BR> <BR>Here's an address of a resonably priced place on St John. Great views. <BR> <BR>http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/creola/creola.html

Old Nov 1st, 1998, 06:24 PM
Dan mckenna

6 couples of us going to Villa St.John for a week in Feb/Mar. Flying into St. Thomas Fri & considering staying at Hotel 1829 to get to see C.A. and do some shopping before going to St.John on Sat. Anyone with experience staying @ Hotel 1829 ? <BR>

Old Nov 9th, 1998, 07:37 AM
sandra

My husband and I went to the usvi in 1995. the first hotel we stayed at was <BR>the emerald beach. It is right near the <BR>airport and the rooms were terrible. Ours smelled moldy, the air conditioning <BR>did not work and I got stung by a jelly <BR>fish the first night! So the next day we <BR>moved to the Marriott Frenchman's Reef. <BR>It is a very nice resort type of hotel ( the emerald is more like a Motel style) but I wasn't too impressed with the beach. It's nice because its closer to Charlotte Amalie and there are beautiful views. Our room was nice but <BR>the floor kept getting wet from the air <BR>conditioner and the service wasnt great. <BR> If you want a really nice place to stay try the (doubletree) sapphire beach hotel . The beach is beautiful and the hotel is also very nice.

Old Nov 11th, 1998, 08:56 AM
Dan McKenna

6 couples are spending a week at Villa St. John in Feb/Mar. 3 couples of the 6 are going on Friday to spend a day & night on St Thomas. We tried Hotel 1829 but was booked for the 1 night we will be in St Thomas. Looking for a nice but inexpensive ($75 - $150) hotel in the C.A. walking area. Will want to tour & shop C.A. and get to Megan's Bay if possible. Suggested hotels ? Considering Admiral's Inn near the Charthouse restaurant. <BR>