Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Negril?

Search

Where to stay in Negril?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2000, 11:07 AM
Kelly Freeman

Where to stay in Negril?

We're going to Negril in April and are looking for a bohemian, relaxed, earthy, beautiful, friendly, and safe place to stay --beach and gardens a must. We're not really interested in the all-inclusive, club med-ish scene. Any spots you can recommend? Help is appreciated!

Old Feb 3rd, 2000, 06:43 PM
Kim

Try this web sight it might help you <BR>www.jamaicatravel.com

Old Feb 3rd, 2000, 06:44 PM
Kim

Sorry here is another one www.sweptaway.com 1-800-545-7937

Old Feb 3rd, 2000, 07:09 PM
Kristin

Hi Kim---I've read nothing but good about a resort in Negril called Cocolapalm. It's only 2 yrs. old, and everything I've read about it sounds good. Not an all-inclusive, just 42 rooms, laid-back. Owned by someone in Minnesota who really likes Negril. Their address is: cocolapalm.com lots of pix. Good luck.

Old Feb 3rd, 2000, 08:21 PM
JanGail

Go to www.negril.com and you will <BR>find information about the resort <BR>area and places to stay. As I recall <BR>from our stay in Negril, several <BR>resorts of your description come to <BR>mind: Negril Tree House resort, <BR>Negril Gardens resort, and Negril <BR>Cabins resort. Charela Inn is <BR>another possibility-- small, intimate, <BR>mediterranean in style, beautiful <BR>gardens, beach, excellent food. <BR>Hope this helps. <BR>JanGail <BR>

Old Feb 6th, 2000, 12:11 PM
Andrea

Kelly, <BR>I would definately go with Charela Inn. You absolutely cannot miss with this small intimate and very beautiful property. I had my weddingmoon there in September 1998. <BR> <BR>Another good choice is CocoLaPalm which is a stones throw away from Charela.

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 06:54 AM
Stephen

I was in Negril last May and have two close friends that grew up in Negril. My advice is to stay on the cliffs. There are many nice resorts on the seven mile beach, but nothing compares to the Rock House on the Cliffs. The food is excellent, very tropical atmosphere with open air rooms. There is a great pub that is known for its sunset celebration just down the road called Rick's Cafe, and you can take a 1 to 3 mile walk or taxi to the beach. Sunbathing and cliff-diving are tremendous on the 6-18 foot cliffs. The best places to spend the day at the beach are Cosmo's(great conch soup) and Arthur's. Both of these places have good food and party well into the night.

Old Mar 2nd, 2000, 08:22 PM
Randy

Just returned today. Stayed 5 nights in Negril at the Xtabi hotel. This is a great property. It's on the cliff's and if you want bohemian you want the cliff's. as suggested go to Rick's for the sunset, once. Outrageously expensive! Lots of good places to watch the sunset on the cliff's. Try the pickled parrot, same ammenities as Ricks but not the prices or hype. <BR>Have dinner at just natural(vegetarian and seafood) Archways pizza (ggod pizza and cheap beer). Xtabi has reasonably priced breakfasts and lunches, but turns upscale for dinner.

Old Mar 3rd, 2000, 09:17 PM
adrian

Absoletly recommend Tensing Pen.its on the cliffs about a 3 munute walk to Ricks Cafe. Their website is <BR>www.tensingpenltd.com <BR>