Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Jamacia ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2001, 11:12 AM
JJ

I am planning a group vacation in 2002, there will be 8-10 Women an we are interested in traveling to Jamacia. My question is what all- inclusive vacation resort is the best for people who want to have a festive time , good night life and overall a vacation to remember? Is the all inclusive vacation truly better than the non inclusive vacations?

Old May 28th, 2001, 01:42 PM
Penney

We have been to Jamaica several times and we persoanlly love going all-inclusive. It is such a carefree way to travel, especially if going for a large group. No need to worry aobut cuttingthe bill , carring cash or credit cards or even signin g for that point. <BR> <BR>A good place you muight want to look into is Grand Lido Braco. It has a really neat little village with shops, restaurants (included in the price) and boutiques, is on Runaway Bay which is very nice - not to touristy and the resort has a great tropical feel.

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 02:39 AM
tivertonhouse

Rather than a routine beige-and-bland all-inclusive resort, rent an estate,hotel property or an entire small b&b where your group can make the place your very own,including private staff,guides,drivers,bands/bashments,masseurs,masseuses-- and no social directors or Jerry Springer types.Go upmarket rather than down... We suggest The Caves in Negril, Jake's in Treasure Beach, Drambuie Estate in MoBay, On Top of the World in Port Maria ,Natania's or a fantasy villa on the Blue Lagoon in Port Antonio like MoonSan. You'll be able to create a 'real' all-inclusive, inclusive of what you want,what you don't want and thereby get more for your money.It'll take a bit more upfront planning -- well worth the result.

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 05:18 AM
Lorraine

My family & I just got back from the Ritz Carlton Rose Hall. While its not an all-inclusive hotel, it was lovely. <BR>The food was wonderful, the service was excellent and the hotel is beautiful. <BR>As long as you can make it through the Montego Bay Airport, you should be fine.

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 06:22 AM
joy

Grand Lido Sans Souci, Ocho Rios. Beautiful resort, great food, spa treatments are included in the price. Expensive - but with a group you may be able to get a rate. <BR> <BR>Wonderful place for a group of women to relax and have a great time. <BR> <BR>We went last January would go back in a heart beat. Loved every minute... <BR> <BR>It truly would be a vacation to remember. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 08:36 AM
Anne-Marie

I would recommend Hedonism in Negril or Runnaway Bay . . . you can chose whether you want to be on with wild side or just watch and absorb it all and have a good time drinking, eating and people watching . . .

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 08:51 AM
nancy

My husband and I just spent a week at The Charela Inn in Negril and it sounds perfect for what you want with your size group...small beautiful place with personalized service. Their deal right now is breakfast and dinner with your room rate, including ALL taxes and gratituities. Just like an all inclusive but you pay for alcohol which we thought was very well priced. We loved the size, ambiance, beach and location. Wonderful rooms (request upstairs beachfront if you can). They have private entertainment for the guests 3 nights and a cruise with appetizers and drinks included on Tuesday nights. We will definitly be back and choose this over all inclusives, which we have also done.We made some wonderful life long friends which is easier to do here than at a big all inclusive. It's also easier to learn more about the island and it's people when staying at a private inn... Check their website out! Have fun! <BR>

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 10:15 AM
Bob

I'll second Nancy's opinion of the Charela. We spent a week there and loved it. You've got all the facilities of the big resorts, plus you're right on the main street (that is, the beach) of Negril. The clientele is very international. Hire one of the local boats to take you out to a reef for snorkeling.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 01:41 PM
Kim

All inclusive is the only way to go we feel. No, hassels in figuring out where you want to eat and when. Where ever you choose Jamaica is a wonderful island. I prefer Negril.

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 02:09 PM
ohliz

True with a group it's kind of nice to pay for all your stuff in advance, as you do with an all-inclusive. <BR> <BR>However, none of them have great nightlife in my experience and they cost a lot, particularly for a large group. In Negril, all the fun takes place on the beach at the live music beach bars, and on the cliffs, esp. at sunset time. <BR> <BR>So it might be more economical, and you might get more space and better nightlife for the money, if you look into a villa on the beach in Negril. <BR> <BR>Fancy: Aqua Moon, Moondance etc - there are 4 I think, all the same owner. For AI-type money you can have your own house and staff with living room, bedrooms, kitchen and cook right on the beach. <BR> <BR>On the cliffs, Villas Sur Mer is nice, it has a pool and water access off the cliffs there. <BR> <BR>Also check out: Native Son Villas, White Sands Villa, Sea Grape villa, Beach House villas, Nirvana on the beach, Rondel Village. <BR> <BR>If you can't find the web sites for those let me know. <BR> <BR>I prefer non-inclusive vacations 'cause they generally allow us to stay longer for the same money, and I really hate adhering to anyone's schedule but our own - we like to try all the restaurants in town (TRY - there are hundreds, literally), drink at the bars I like, check out live music when and where I please. And I don't like buffets much. <BR> <BR>If you want to try NOT going AI&lt; Negril is in my opinion the place to do it. MoBay and Ocho Rios are not quite as easy to get around (lots of cabs in Negril, and scooter rentals etc.) and Negril is a party town, more than the other two which are really cities. <BR> <BR Liz

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 03:31 AM
jj

liz - do you have an opinion on negril beach club condos?

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 11:16 AM
Norma

I went to RUI Tropical Bay Negril in Aug. Had a great timer but weak on the night life. We went on several day trips and were tired any way. All inclusive is the way to go. You don't have to split bills or worry who does or doesn't want to spend any money. Everyone made there own mind up on the day trips.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 12:03 PM
ohliz

jj, NBCC gets good reviews from people I know, but I have never stayed there. It's a medium-size hotel towards the town-end of the beach, modern i nterms of having AC and such.<BR><BR>I prefer cottage-type accomodations myself but if you want the conveniences (AC adn TV etc), it might be a good choice.<BR><BR Liz