where to stay in anguilla

Oct 25th, 1999, 06:37 AM
Christy

where to stay in anguilla

Any suggestions on where to stay for honeymoon?

Oct 25th, 1999, 08:00 AM
lola

The private villas at the Sonesta. Whirlpools, gardens, kitchens, and the hotel itself is set in a Moroccan fantasy setting with inlaid tiles, fountains, beautiful beach w/ view of St. Martin. This one is underrated, bigtime. Anguilla is a wonderful, quiet island with great food and warm people. And I'd ferry over to St. Martin or St. Barts for some livelier times, if you need them.

Oct 25th, 1999, 12:59 PM
Lisa

I agree with Lola. The Sonesta is underrated! My husband and I stayed in an oceanfront room and loved it! The grounds and beach are beautiful and even though there are 100+ rooms, it was never crowded and we went in February. The food and service were great as well- any questions e-mail me and I'll be glad to give you more details. Lisa.

Oct 29th, 1999, 06:18 PM
Steve

If you have the money, Cap Juluca (www.capjuluca.com) is the place to go. Probably the most romantic resort in the caribbean. My wife and I have been going there for 5 years now in April and August. There are also many fine restaurants so get a rental car. Also you should try the many wonderful beaches (besides Cap's beach) to explore nature in private?!!

Nov 1st, 1999, 12:32 PM
Julia

We booked for our honeymoon 5 nights on St. Bart's and then did the 5 nights/4 days package at Cap Juluca. Nov. 22 - Dec. 1!