where to go in carribean?

Jan 19th, 2003, 07:22 AM
lisa

where to go in carribean?

my husband and I are searching for island vacation(probably carribean). We like beautiful place to stay, spa is a plus and great food around. We dont need huge night life but some is nice. Also, activities or sightseeing available is good since I need to get my skin out of the sun anymore! Any ideas? Amazing resorts? Romance atmosphere? No sandals type-done that. Thanks-oh going in march or april

Jan 19th, 2003, 08:15 AM
Clare

What about Aruba? Lots of nice hotels and great food. The Waterfront Crabhouse is a Seafood/Steakhouse that I highly recommend. Lots of nightlife for the nights you do feel like going out. Not a lot of culture or history, but the dining really is good.

Jan 19th, 2003, 05:24 PM
lisa

I would suggest the VI. St. Thomas is fun, romantic and you could enjoy a day in St. John or the BVI.
Lisa

Jan 19th, 2003, 07:17 PM
GM

There's a website - Spafanatic.com - that show some properties in the Caribbean that have spas with special rates (they also have USA spas). It's not ALL properties, but some.

I can also recommend some others:
- Sandy Lane, Barbados
- La Source, Grenada
- Le Sport, St. Lucia (our fav)
- Jalousie Hilton, St. Lucia
- Cuisinart Resort and Spa, Anguilla
- Sole' Spa at Peter Island Resort, BVI
- Golden Door Spa at Las Casitas Village, Puerto Rico (a friend from Ecuador visited there and enjoyed it)
- The Caves, Negril, Jamaica (friend of mine LOVED the spa services there, as well as the unique property/
accommodations)
- Plaza Resort, Bonaire (a couple we know that dives, the wife enjoyed the spa here)
- Jungle Bay Resort, Dominica (near Martinique), is another that I've heard about, with a great spa; the property is simplistic but with nice furnishings and in a rainforest type atmosphere
- The Spa at Point Grace Resort, Turks & Caicos (haven't been there; heard some great things about this resort/T&C)

I'm sure others will note other properties on this bb as well. You're cutting it pretty close with availability for March; maybe April will be more possible. Hope this helps.

Jan 20th, 2003, 08:32 AM
Marla

For a very romantic stmosphere and excellent dining try the Eden Rock Resort in St. Barts. You will need a car to tour the island.

Jan 20th, 2003, 08:38 AM
Marla

Forgot, website is edenrockhotel.com or just type out Eden Rock Hotel, St. Barts in Lycos or Google. This sounds like the perfect resort for you.