Where to?

Feb 6th, 2007, 05:44 AM
Original Poster

Where to?

My wife and I have been given a 4 day stay at an all inclusive place on either Paradise Island, St. Lucia, Curacao, or any comparable place in the Caribbeans. Hard to choose, any suggestions or avoidances?
Feb 6th, 2007, 06:58 AM

The Caribbean islands can differ one from the other greatly in topography, water conditions, culture, and entertainment, just to name a few. What would be on your list of things you want out of your vacation? It would assist greatly in helping you identify what island might be suitable.
Feb 6th, 2007, 12:51 PM
KVR

With only 4 days (is that 3 nights?), I would rule out St. Lucia or Curacao. Depending on where you are flying from, you'll spend most of your vacation time traveling to/from.

Nassau/Paradise Island has some nice AI resorts. Our all-time favorite AI destination is Playa del Carmen/Mayan Riveria in Mexico. Dominican Republic has nice AI resorts also. Those destiantions won't take up a full day getting there and back.

4 days/3 nights is not very long for any Caribbean destination. Can you add more days?

I agree, if you could provide more info as to what your looking for in a vacation, you probably get more responses.
Feb 6th, 2007, 03:36 PM

You do need to decide what's important on your short break as the islands are all quite different. And length of time to get there may also be a factor as you only have a few days. Are you looking to chill out on the beach or get in some hiking or good food or what? Would help to narrow your search considerably.
Feb 7th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Original Poster

We'd like to go somewhere with a decent beach and some other things to do. Food isn't that big a deal. I run a lot and would absolutely like to go somewhere that would work for that. Thanks

Search this Thread