Reload this Page >

Where should we rent a car on St. John's

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 1999, 10:11 AM
laura

Any ideas of the best place to rent a car? It would need to be automatic <BR> <BR>We are staying near Cruz Bay.

Old Mar 18th, 1999, 11:08 AM
John

<BR>

Old Mar 18th, 1999, 11:14 AM
John

Hi: <BR> <BR>Went to St John last April and rented a Susuki Vitara at St. John car rental. They were good and their cars were new. Initially I had problems powering the hills until I found out that the using low gear and the ac was depleting the power. Navigating the roads and the steep hair pin turns is a little intimidating at first, but you get the hang of it after a couple of days. <BR> <BR>St. John is very nice. Good snorkeling from the beaches on the north side. Have fun and good luck. <BR>

Old Mar 19th, 1999, 07:19 PM
stephanie

We took the ferry from St. Thomas to St. John which docks in Cruz Bay. There was a car rental agency (maybe more than one) right there near the bay - if I remember right (1990 trip) we only had to walk a short distance there from the dock area.

Old Mar 22nd, 1999, 02:44 AM
charlie

There are at least (5) rental agencys within an easy walk ot the ferry dock and usually someone from each agency is at the dock greeting the ferry when it arrives.IMHO there's not much difference between them OTHER then PRICE!Check each for weekly rates,I've bartered for prices and found rates varying as much as $50/75US for the week.If they're a block or 2 from the ferry dock,don't worry,they will pickup/deliver you & luggage at the dock.Have a great trip !!!