Where is your paradise???

Dec 12th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Shelly

Where is your paradise???

Just wondering, where is everyone's paradise and why?
I'm still looking for mine. The closest I've been is TCI.

Thanks

Dec 12th, 2002, 11:04 AM
Islander

Well I am partial to Antigua because I was married there 2 months ago and I fell in love with this island. The best beach I have ever seen with soft sand to sink your toes into, beautiful aquamarine calm water perfect swimming and watersports, friendly people...I could go on and on.

Antigua has my vote, although I'm sure there is better (Tahiti, Bora Bora, Maldives) I just haven't made it there yet!!

Dec 12th, 2002, 11:19 AM
jam-man

Paradise is nestled down into an overstuffed chair on the verandah of Fern Hill villa at Tryall Club, having birdied two holes in this mornings round of golf, and having just finished another wonderful lunch of pumpkin soup and chicken salad sandwiches made from leftovers from last night's jerk chicken, prepared by Patricia, the excellent cook at Fern Hill, and, still dripping wet from a swim in the private pool, holding a strongish rum and Ting on ice in my left hand as I look down over the gorgeous garden maintained by Dickie, Fern Hill's gardner, at the golf course and out to the blue, blue, blue ocean.
That is paradise to me.

Dec 12th, 2002, 01:04 PM
xxxyx

So right Jam-man! Can't wait to go back there. Hopefully sooner that later. Maybe stay up in the mountains next time. Your description brought back all of those memories that made Tryall a true paradise.

Dec 12th, 2002, 01:22 PM
Frank

My paradise is sitting on top of the highest point on Hayman Island off the Great Barrier Reef, having just completed a run up the trails circling the island, viewing the unspoiled blue Pacific with no sign of civilization for 100 miles around except for the beautiful resort below. Seclusion, exclusivity, unspoiled natural beauty, luxury all rolled into one.

Dec 12th, 2002, 01:34 PM
beach lover

Right on Jam-man! Love your description.

My paradise is also Jamaica, but the South Coast. After a long car ride from MoBay to Treasure Beach, checking in to a waterfront room at Jakes, quick showever, dinner watching the beautiful sunset, drinks afterward with Dougie at the bar, early bedtime with the windows open and the sound of the waves lulling us to sleep. Wake up at crack of dawn, coffee with condensed milk, then off on a 1/2 hour bumpy ride on a fisherman's boat to Sunny Island (a patch of sand in the middle of the ocean near Alligator Pond). There we sunbathe, smoke & snorkle for a couple of hours after which our captain builds a little bonfire and cooks us up some small lobsters. Dip them in the ocean to cool them down and for the salt, squeeze a likkle lime - so simple yet so delicious. Then afterward to Little Ochi for a big lunch of fish in brown stew, festival, bammy and red stripes.

<<sigh>>

Dec 12th, 2002, 02:27 PM
xxx

Dec 12th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Dave

Paradise can be almost anywhere. As long as you are with someone you love, don't have to work that day, and you are enjoying the view.

Dec 12th, 2002, 04:06 PM
Statia

I agree with Dave. However, that view usually includes sitting in the clouds high atop Windwardside on the island of Saba, with a great bottle of Merlot and a good novel....with trips to the "Swinging Doors" and "The Gatehouse" in between, of course.

Dec 12th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Irie John

Negril Jamaica - Gate House Villa on the worlds, greatest beach! This is the most wonderful villa on a beautiful white sand beach, I go back again and again and again ............ I have been to most of the islands in the Caribbean and Negril Beach stands alone as the most wonderful b\each in the world.

It is Safe, so don't worry about a thing and have the time of your life.

Dec 12th, 2002, 07:08 PM
kicked back

Nevis...
Sitting in our bungalow at Hurricane Cove at sunset. Drinking a cold Caribe and watching the pelicans dive for their supper.

Dec 13th, 2002, 02:52 AM
Kim

I also have to say our favorite paradise is Negril, Jamaica. Very laid back and care free! going to Sandals Negril again in Feb and cant wait.

Dec 13th, 2002, 04:29 AM
tabatha

umm...next to my husband on any ocean beach with a riveria in hand!

Dec 13th, 2002, 05:04 AM
Nancy

Nevis.
Breakfast with my husband on the veranda at the villa with a quick dip in the pool before lying in the sun with a good book and a Ting.
Looking up from the book every now and then to see if the clouds have cleared the top of Mount Nevis and gazing at St. Kitts in the distance.
Lunch and a Killer Bee at Sunshine's and a catamaran snorkeling trip.
Limin' at a party with new friends we've made.
Dinner at one of the plantation inns, and then back to the villa and the hot tub under the stars with a good bottle of wine and some reggae on the stereo.

Dec 13th, 2002, 05:20 AM
Kathleen

Cap Juluca, Anguilla is my paradise. From the first moment of arriving and jumping into the ocean to lying on a float in the clear blue water looking at the sky and the clouds over St.Martin while basking in sunshine!Having breakfast in the room and taking in the view, the fresh air and the sounds. Finding a deserted beach in the morning then returning to the villa to be massaged in the mid afternoon, drinking champagne, reading a book then going to a romantic moonlit dinner! Most nights after dinner taking a walk on the beach and looking for shooting stars....

Dec 14th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Mike

No vacation was as complete and perfect as our experience in Curacao. Exquisite dining and the Marriott resort offered everything we could have wanted. They have a bar down by the water with music or Karaoke almost every night. This would be our choice. We were not prepared to find our paradise there, but it offered a lot of variety in things to do and see.

Dec 19th, 2002, 10:37 AM
Jana

I waited 25 years to go to Hawaii and it was the best trip we ever had. Stayed on Maui and the Big Island. The Big Island was the best and the hotel was absolutely amazing (The Outrigger Waikiola). It did look like paradise and the people were so great.

Dec 19th, 2002, 01:02 PM
xxx

The out islands of the Bahamas, the Abacos. Anchored in the cove of a deserted island, watching the sun set off the back of my boat with husband and cold beer in hand.

Dec 19th, 2002, 03:09 PM
lisa

St.Thomas would be my paradise! We love staying on the northeastern end where the water is so turquoise and the sand is white as pure vanilla snow. We love to take the ferry to St.Johns which is very romantic and then to the BVI if you have time. Lots of privacy. Email me if you want to know a great condo to stay in for a honeymoon.
Lisa

Dec 30th, 2002, 09:47 AM
xxx

Anywhere with my hubby will do - oh and no work of course!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO