what to do in san juan?

Search

what to do in san juan?

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what to do in san juan?

I am going on a cruise will be in san juan from 2pm and 8pm. Any suggestions of what is a must see and what not to miss?
Old May 18th, 2005, 10:45 AM

6 hours. Hmmm. I suppose you could suqeeze in the rain forest (El Yunque) and then some of Old San Juan but that is cutting it close. Perhaps meandering Old San Juan and seeing the fort of El Morro would be nice w/o feeling rushed.
Old May 20th, 2005, 06:04 AM

With that short time I would concentrate on Old San Juan which is very interesting and also visit the fort of El Morro which is also most interesting. There are lots of nice shops in Old San Juan and some interesting places to get a drink. The church La Catedral de San Juan has the tomb of Ponce de Leon (guess he never did find that fountain of youth or else there would be no tomb!).
Here is a great link of info:

http://www.solboricua.com/sanjuan.htm

Old May 20th, 2005, 07:27 AM

Another vote for seeing old san juan - it is a fabulous place, I would go to el convento hotel and have a drink and a snack , walk around that area and go to the shops and art galleries. It is a beautiful place. I would not bother with the rain forest, it takes a while to get there and is really not worth going IMO if you have that short amount of time
Old May 22nd, 2005, 01:28 PM

With that time if I were you I would have lunch on the ship and wait until we arrive in San Juan. Then the first thing I would do wold probably go to La Bombonera for a typical puerto rican lunch, if you have a map , La Bombonera is on Calle San Francisco. After lunch Id go straight to El Morro and take a tour then Id see San Cristobal Forst, the pigeon park, the cathedral, paseo de la princesa, and just shop in the many stores around the historic city and then maybe to as many cruise ship tourists, end the night at Senor Frogs.
Im sure the ship will give you a map and you will be able to find all these places. If not, post again and I will tell you where they all are. or email me at [email protected] , tell me who you are on the subject, so that i notice and read it.
-Ricky