Reload this Page >

What to do in Anguilla when it rains.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 06:13 AM
Jackie

We're going to Cap Juluca this weekend and rain is forecast for the whole weekend (whimper, whimper). Any suggestions of things to do besides the usual in-room activities?

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 06:52 AM
Sooooz

Jackie, <BR> <BR>You could take the ferry over to St. Maartin and do some shopping or rent a car and visit around the island. The ferry ride is only 20 minutes and there's lots to do on St. Maartin. <BR> <BR>Good luck and enjoy. <BR> <BR>Sooooz

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 06:59 AM
penny

Jackie relax it says scattered showers, so lets hope that is so, do not be upset yet. I have been there 9 times and never had a wash out. What would I do on a rainy day? Still go in the water,sit a Pimms and relax, have spa treatments at Cap, maybe CuisinArt, get in my rental car and explore the island. Hope the sun shines!

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 07:55 AM
Jackie

Penny, I sort of want to take you with me; you're so optimistic! I'm not freaking out about the weather -- just trying to be prepared with some ideas for rainy day activities. <BR> <BR>If you don't mind my asking, what do you do for a living? You're EVERYWHERE in the Carribean section of this site with your excellent advice.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 06:15 AM
ringding

play hide the salomy sevsral times!!!!

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 07:32 AM
Barbara

Jackie <BR>I live in St. Maarten. don't worry. we have been having a lot of rain lately..which we badly need because there has been a drought here...but that means showers...it is very rare that we have an entirely rainy day.. you will have plenty of time for plenty of sun.

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 01:53 PM
CMB

Yes, I agree...I have seldom seen entire days of rain. Showers are ok and usually not long.