what is SO good about Barbados? I'm puzzled!

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 03:46 AM
anon

what is SO good about Barbados? I'm puzzled!

Just back from a very disappointing trip. It seems to be full of people who want it to be like America. People who are only interested in appearances and not local culture. I think they are ruining it for the real Barbados.I have always wanted to go St Lucia but am now wondering if its the same.

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 06:10 AM
anon

maybe it was where you stayed and what you did. of course there is American influence since there are so many American tourists but my visit was lovely and I enjoyed the local culture and people tremendously as well as the diversity of visitors.

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 09:58 AM
anon

Don't mind me. I enjoy posting messages to myself.

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 11:18 AM
Paul

We are going back to Barbados for a third time next Easter and can't wait. We have been to both east and west coasts and prefer the less built up west. However, how can anyone go to Bridgetown and not feel you are in amongst the locals? Just get off the "main drag". You obviously did not go to Oistins either!By the way we went to sam lords on the west coast and can not understand why there are so many bad reports about it. We can only think that it is Americans who want the same as home!!

Old Oct 28th, 2001, 11:38 AM
gary

After 4 enjoyable vacations in Barbados I have come up with 2 observations. Firstly, Barbados is much more influenced by Brits & Canadians than Americans, and secondly, the last time I checked Sam Lords was on the east coast.

Old Oct 28th, 2001, 03:32 PM
Paul

to Gary
Oops! I can't believe I wrote west, not once but twice!!!My only excuse is that it was late at night when I posted it!! (UK time)Sam Lords DID have a lot of Americans there when we went,mainly on corporate "bonus" events.