Search

Westin St. John

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Becca

Westin St. John

Does anyone know the price of a breakfast buffet at the Westin St. John resort? My husband and I will be eating our other meals outside of the resort, but we hate to leave the resort for breakfast unless the prices are ridiculously high.

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 11:58 AM
Lanette

I believe the breakfast buffet was $20 a person. I know that I thought it was really high. It was a good buffet though, but there is no question is was overpriced. But then again, it was really convenient and we just sucked it up and paid the price. There is also a little deli that sells bagels with lox, etc, but it was really expensive too.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 07:17 AM
Mike

If you will be having a jeep - go to town (< 5 mins) and eat at chilly billy's - decent food and very in-expensive.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 07:57 AM
HeyMike!

Mike, Did it work out with the guy you picked up on Solomon? Was looking for you later as planned but since you didn't show figured maybe it did.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 08:10 AM
Mike

Sorry - different Mike here...

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 08:24 AM
Mariarosa

Hi Becca! back in June '99, the buffet breakfast was $18 pp + tip. We did it a couple of times, because it's convenient and it's fast. <BR><BR>We also went to Chilly something (I think it's the one that Mike mentioned - it turns into a restaurant at night). The breakfast there was big and cheap, but it's 'island time' and it did take a long time for just breakfast (and I couldn't wait to get to the beach!!).<BR><BR>The best option is really the little deli by the gym. While overpriced it did have bagels, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, yogurt and it was a fast, convenient way to have breakfast without paying $42 for the two of us (I can't remember how much it was, but it wasn't more than $10-15 for the 2 of us).

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Hey Mike!

Mike, don't you remember? We met at Little Magens and then went to Solomon the next day. You were hoping to hook up but I was with my partner. You raved about that breakfast place. Remember now?<BR>Bob

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Mike

Bob - <BR><BR>there are lots of Mikes - BELIEVE me - I am not the one who was hoping to hook up with you....

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Mike

OK, I can't live the lie any longer, it was me on Solomon. I'll be in touch, buddy!

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Jeb

We packed our cooler with frozen game we caught here at home (squirrel, rabbit, etc) and that helped us save on food expenses. For dessert, there were free toostsie rolls floating all over the Westin bay.. I reckon some sort of promotion by the company. Booze is cheap in the USVI, so this will be the ONLY island for us from now on.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Mike

Bob -<BR><BR>Think you have me confused with Jeb.....<BR><BR>Anyway - you know my name, look up the number....