wedding/honeymoon suggestions?

Jul 13th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

wedding/honeymoon suggestions?

If anyone could please offer any suggestions, my finacee and I have decided to go to either Aruba or Barbados this September and get married. We feel that we'd like a place that encompasses both a beautiful beach and place to stay for our wedding and honeymoon, but is not too expensive as we are trying to conserve our pennies. Thanks
Jul 13th, 2007, 12:49 PM

when i was looking for honeymoons someone suggested bucuti beach resort - i thought it looked really reasonable and beautiful and i read lots of stuff from people who loved it
Jul 13th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

okay, thank you, we will look into that!
Jul 13th, 2007, 03:58 PM

I would recommend posting your budget, people will be able to advise you better.
Jul 14th, 2007, 03:51 PM

We got married in Aruba in July 2006 & it was amazing. We actually just got back from there a few days ago for our 1st anniversary trip. We LOVE Bucuti- we stay there everytime we have gone to Aruba; we had our beach blessing on Eagle Beach at Bucuti. Bucuti is all newly redone & has a fabulous staff.

For a marriage to be legal you have to have a ceremony at the civil hall as well. We are so happy with our choice to get married in Aruba.

Since you want to go during peak hurricane season Aruba is a good choice since it is out of the hurricane belt. Be sure to get travel insurance though. We have travelled there in Sept previously & always had reliably good weather. Ivan created some big waves in 2005 though & minor flooding on the island.

Check out Bucuti's website:
bucuti.com

If you chose Aruba I can give you more info for an amazing photographer & wedding coordinator. Let me know if you want more detail on anything about our experience.