VIRGIN ISLAND INFO NEEDED

Aug 24th, 2002, 06:22 PM
VIRGIN ISLAND VIRGIN

VIRGIN ISLAND INFO NEEDED

Whats the best way to get from (STT)airport to Peters Island WITHOUT FLYING IN SMALL PLANE.I understand there are ferries that go to Tortolla from Red Hook,then you can picked up at Road Town by private yacht from Peters Island.How long will this take or is there a better way.

Aug 24th, 2002, 07:26 PM
VIInfo

Check with Peter Island since they were providing transport for their guests from St. Thomas via their launch. You have the option to ferry to RoadTown, Tortola, and meeting the Peter Island ferry there. You can hire a private water taxi or charter a helicopter. Time would vary depending on your choice. Ferry to West End, Tortola, is approx 45 minutes and to RoadTown 1.5 hours.

Aug 25th, 2002, 06:58 AM
Joe

good info from the last guy, but I would guess that someone who doesn't want to fly in a small plane would not want to get in a helicopter either. If you really don't want to fly to Tortola (where Peter Island will meet you for a 20 minute ride to the resort), then book the private water taxi from St. Thomas to Peter Island. I think that ferries will take a long time. Check out St. Thomas This Week (online).

Aug 25th, 2002, 07:40 AM
fyi

www.watertaxi-vi.com/

Aug 26th, 2002, 05:53 PM
VIRGIN ISLAND VIRGIN

How bout a one way charter from STT to Peter Island.I guess if the $$$ are there someone will ablidge.Any suggestions

Aug 27th, 2002, 06:39 PM
J

If you are staying at the Peter Island Resort, they will make arrangements to transport you from STT to Peter Island (no additional charge, I believe). I'm not sure exactly where you get the ferry, but its a cab ride from the airport. The ferry will stop first in the BVI to clear customs - probably in Road Town, then continue on to Peter Island. Check their web site and call the resort if you have questions - they are very helpful. The total time is about 90 minutes from Saint Thomas once you are on the ferry.

By comparison, the ferry ride from Tortola's airport is about 25 minutes.