Search

Virgin Gorda Trip Report - Feb 2009

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin Gorda Trip Report - Feb 2009

Hi all,

We loved Virgin Gorda and decided to write this trip report using SmugMug. Hope you like it!

http://jayneann.smugmug.com/gallery/...83091436_VvQ6k
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 05:43 PM

Enjoyed your trip report. We had a great vacation in Virgin Gorda last summer and loved the beach at Nail Bay. Island Dreams is a rental that I have bookmarked as an option for future travel. It was good to read a great review of the property. Thanks for posting.
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 06:07 PM

Hi Jayneann,
Thanks so much for sharing! I loved your trip report and pictures! We were there a few years ago and stayed at one of the Mahoe Bay villas. We loved it there-one of my favorite islands. I have to ask-what happened to Georgios? We had a nice dinner there while there. It looks destroyed! And it looks like the old Dog and Dolphin is now Sugarcane. I guess they changed hands? Was your villa farther up that road? It’s a shame you missed the food at the Leverick Bay BBQ-it was yummy. But at least you got to see the show-looks like you had a great time! I’m glad to hear your daughter had a good experience with “Air Sometimes”. Unfortunately we got the “Sometimes” part with using them. Anyway, thanks again for sharing! I want to go back!!!
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

cm318, Thanks! What we loved the most about Island Dream was the incredible privacy it provided!!! It truly felt like we were in paradise!

kellybeaches, love your reports and pictures too! In fact, I remember reading your VG report and wishing we were staying at the Mahoe villa also. During high season, it was just too expensive for us! Yes, Dog and Dolphin is now Sugarcane. I think they've changed hands a couple of times since then. And yes, the villa was further up the road, past the restaurant and down a dirt road on the left!

I think Georgio's was destroyed by a landslide during one of the storms back in the fall. Very sad to see such destruction!!

We want to go back too, but there's so many places we have yet to see! Long Island looks awesome!!!!
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 07:24 AM

I really enjoyed your trip report, although it's left me wanting to return to VG right away! Y'all did a lot of the same things that my husband, granddaughter and I did on our trip in 2007 so it was great to revisit that through your photographs. How crowded were the Baths when you were there? We liked them and we liked doing the Crawl, but because of the crowds we ended up preferring Spring Bay. Looks like there's a major construction job at the far end of Savannah Beach in your photos--is it a single home? Or a villa resort? Or a resort?
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks ejcrowe! You were really helpful when we were figuring out where to go in the Caribbean and I really appreciate you recommending VG! It was exactly what we were looking for!

I knew when the large cruise ships were in port from the traveltalkonline website, so we avoided the Baths on those days. Also, because we were staying on the island, we really were able to take our time going through and avoiding most of the people. Did you happen to notice the man in the picture of the 4 of us posing in the Cathedral? Ugh!!! No way to crop him out that I know of!

Spring Bay was awesome, probably our favorite beach too!

Yes, Pond Bay Estates is going up by Savannah Beach. I think they're condos but I could be wrong. Takes away from the beauty, don't you think? I'm sure when it's completed it'll look nice but right now it's just a big construction site!

Where are you off to next? I always enjoy reading your trip reports!!
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 10:01 AM

Thank you for posting! Brought back great memories. We loved our time on VG last year.
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 11:10 AM

Hi Jayneann,

So glad you had a great time. I corresponded with you on Trip Advisor in February before you left for Virgin Gorda. I was still on Virgin Gorda at that time staying at Nail Bay.

Seeing your pictures just brought back so many fond memories. Thank you so much for sharing them.

Janiekins
Old Mar 15th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much caribtraveler! I have really enjoyed reading your trip reports! Any new plans?

Janiekins, thanks again! I just responded to your post on Trip Advisor. Do you have any pictures to share? Sugar Mill looked so awesome!!
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 01:28 PM

Thanks for posting...wonderful pics, brings back a lot of memories. VG is one of our favorite islands.
Made me smile - the comment regarding your husband trusting your travel decisions. Same here, my husband always let me pick our travel destinations and he's never been disappointed. Lucky for us, we have the same tastes when it comes to travel.
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 02:09 PM

Jayneann: Nice to hear that you enjoy my reports. We're sticking to the U.S. for our next trip. It will be San Antonio, TX, next month during our son's spring break. I'm hoping for a Caribbean trip in August or September. We'll see.
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 04:45 PM
Original Poster

mnag, thanks for the feedback! Love the husband comments!!

caribtraveler, looking forward to reading more reports! Have a great time in San Antonio!!