Vieques - Hotel & Bio Bay

May 17th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Original Poster

Vieques - Hotel & Bio Bay

1. Any suggestions about where to stay in Vieques in June? A friend and I will be there 2.5 days. Somewhere with a bar and single travelers (read: where not everyone is on a honeymoon adventure) is preferred. Around $100 or less, basic accomodations are fine as long as they're clean. We've considered Bananas...

2. We'd like to rent a jeep but is it necessary if we stay in Esperanza?

3. Any suggestions about Bio Bay tour companies? We like the sound of Elena's kayak tour...

Thanks for any and all suggestions!!
May 17th, 2004, 07:55 PM

The only place I stayed on the island was Inn on the Blue Horizon. Great place, but a little too honeymooney for you (but the bar was good!). There isn't a whole lot to do in Esperanza, but its a really cool spot and I prefer it over Isabel.

The jeep gives you some freedom. Most of the great beaches are a car/ jeep ride. Most are accesible with cars too.

DONT BOOK you kayak tour with Blue Caribe in Esperanza. They made us put a deposit to make a reservation for a night later in our stay, warned us that if we cancelled we would forfeit our deposit, then they CANCELLED the trip at the last minute (by leaving a note on the door of the business). It was our last night there, so we missed out on the tour.
May 18th, 2004, 10:36 AM

I recommend staying at Casa Amistad, it's close to everything, clean and inexspensive. As far as bio- bay tours go , I would have to say Aqua Frenzy because thats who most of the Locals recommend.You should call and find out availibilty at 787-714-0913(Aqua-Frenzy-Kayaks-Vieques).Each Tour provider does their tour a little differntly, so call and decide for yourself.
Jun 6th, 2004, 10:42 AM

We thought Bananas was just fine. Nothing fancy by any stretch of the imagination and there is not much soundproofing. That said, the owners couldn't be nicer or more helpful and you're next to a couple of restaurants and Blue Caribe (or whatever it's called) for rentals.
Jun 24th, 2004, 09:00 PM

We stayed at Banana's for one night this week. The atmosphere of the restaurant and bar was fun and the room we stayed in would have been fine except it smelled like a septic tank. Outside of the rooms did as well. This greatly took away from my experience there. We stayed in one of the cheaper rooms, I don't know if the rooms with AC smelled any better.

Search this Thread