Search

Turtle Beach

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Jim Leske

Turtle Beach

We just came back from Turtle Beach Resort in Barbados. Resort was very nice, but there are a few important things to keep in mind regarding resort and dinner reservations as well as trips outside resort. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will attempt to respond to them.

Old May 9th, 2002, 06:58 AM
gweny

Jim<BR><BR>how was the beach. Was the water rough?<BR>

Old May 9th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Marlene

I think we would really like to get your comments on your stay at Turtle Beach. Was there much construction in the area? Did you feel it was a good value? How was the dining quality? Was there entertainment? How is the South Coast compared to the West Coast? Was a car necessary? Appreciate any input, we're trying to think of vacation for next Winter perhaps. Considering Barbados, St. Kitts or Mexican Caribbean Coast. Thanks.

Old May 9th, 2002, 08:25 AM
stephanie

Jim,<BR>I am going there next week and would love to hear your comments on the food, evening entertainment and beach. How was the service?<BR>Looking forward to hearing from you

Old May 14th, 2002, 12:16 PM
gweny

No...the water was not that rough, but it depends on what you like. I like some waves. I would say the waves were average; not big like I heard they are on the east coast, but not mild like the west coast.

Old May 14th, 2002, 12:26 PM
Jim Leske

Folks....I do not check this site everyday, so if you have any questions, E-mail them to me directly.<BR><BR>Some general responses; construction: the entire island outside of the resort is pretty run down, so yes there is quite a bit of construction (good thing), but not enough to hamper getting around with a little care. Value: Yes I thought it was a good value. Dining Quality: very good. Compared to other areas of island: I am not really sure, it was our first time there and we did not have a lot of time to explore the island. Was a car necessary: it depends on what you plan on doing. Generally speaking I would say no as there is transportation provided by the resort for just about everything.<BR><BR>If you want to know more specifics, please e-mail me your questions as fitting them in this "reply window" is very inconvenient.<BR><BR>Thanks...... Jim L.