Turks & Caicos

Jun 15th, 2019, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Turks & Caicos

Hi-
Can anyone comment on visiting T&C in July? Is this considered low season? Is the weather risky? We are a family of 4 with 2 kids 18 & 21. I would like suggestions of where to stay. I do Not like all-inclusive resorts. Thanks again!
Jun 15th, 2019, 10:28 AM
Forum Moderator

Movd to Caribbean forum.
Jun 15th, 2019, 06:24 PM

Youíll probably want to concentrate your search to on resorts or condo complexes on Providencialesí Grace Bay - it is where 95% of the resorts in the T&Cís are located. Grace Bay is 11 miles long and has beautiful white sand and bright turquoise waters. Thereís only 1 All Inclusive Resort (Club Med) on the island so avoiding it will be very easy.

While July is in Hurricane Season (it runs from June1 through November 30) the risk of encountering a storm is very low during July. Peak time for storms is September through early November). Other then that weather in July is usually very good - sunny days with temps in the mid-to-high 80ís with occasional forays into the low-90ís.

It is a very family oriented island so you and your kids will fit in well. Consider staying at one of the many condo resorts as they are perfect for families. You might like Ocean Club or Ocean Club West or Grace Bay Club.
Jun 15th, 2019, 10:30 PM

I would not be concerned about visiting T&C in July. Last year we visited during June and the weather forecast predicted high winds (about 25-30mph) daily for weeks on end so we were concerned that we could not sit on the beach without being sandblasted. It was windy and the sea slightly rough but it calmed down during our stay, the wind didn't afftect our stay at all.
Jun 16th, 2019, 05:09 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much!! You have helped me make my decision. I am looking into Grace Bay Club!
Jun 16th, 2019, 05:09 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! I will start planning!
Jun 16th, 2019, 07:36 AM

We had dinner and cocktails at GBC, it was a very nice resort and the food was very good.
Jun 17th, 2019, 08:22 AM

There are only two all-inclusive resorts in the TCI, and if you don't like AIs, don't book them (Beaches or Club Med). Nothing else is AI, and Grace Bay is definitely the place you'll want to be. July is low season, but it's hard to know if the weather will be good or not. Hurricanes are more prevalent later in the season, but you never know. If there's no tropical front, then the temps will just be atrociously hot, ideal for lounging on the beach.
Jun 18th, 2019, 02:23 AM

July is a great time to visit. The best resort IMO is The Somerset. www.thesomerset.com
Jun 19th, 2019, 03:56 PM

We were at TCI in April, and although we stayed at Beaches AI, some additional general info. Grace Bay is incredible. When talking to people, we were told that although summer is hot, there is usually a nice cooling breeze. Don't know from where you are flying, but the airport is memorable - not in a good way. It is small and not very air conditioned. Apparently there is a waiting room upstairs that is cooler - so there must be some a/c. They sell 2 airport upgrades, and I would suggest considering for departure if that would be on a weekend. (Sorry - don't remember website but Google should find it). One is called Fast Track. Someone meets you at curb and eases you threw Customs, Immigration, Security lines. We found it was worth it. There is also some sort of VIP Lounge, but we didn't buy that.

If you are into jet skis, you can not rent them on Grace Bay side of the island because of potential damage to reef. Several in our group took a taxi to other side of island and rented them.
Jun 20th, 2019, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the great tip re the airport upgrade. It seems like we will have to put off our trip-the hotel we wanted does not have availablity. Thanks again-
Jun 21st, 2019, 03:42 AM

I love Grace Bay any month!

since GBC is booked, check out Seven Stars, another fantastic resort!