Search

Treasure Island Resort

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 1998, 10:01 AM
Cari

Treasure Island Resort

Going to the Caymans with 12 scuba divers in early Sept. We are all staying at the Treasure Island resort. Has anyone stayed at the resort? What is there to do around there? What type of restaurants are there? What is the hotel like? Any information would be appreciated <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 25th, 1998, 05:58 AM
Cheri

<BR>Every time we have been in GC, the beach in front of the TI was in bad shape. Lots of ironrock on the beach and in the water. <BR> <BR>In GC they roll up the sidewalks about 6, maybe you can find a bar. I'm not sure if the Holiday Inn has reopened and Barefoot Man is preforming again. <BR> <BR>We ate at the Cracked Conch and the Wharf and both were nice. Everyone seems to like Hog Sty but we never made it there. <BR> <BR>The food and drinks on GC are as expensive as any we have ever seen. You can get a break by doing fast food once in awhile. They have all the standards like Wendys, Pizza Hut etc. <BR> <BR>Have a great time and don't miss Stingray City.

Old Aug 28th, 1998, 06:56 PM
Debbie

Hi Cari - we stayed at the Treasure Island Condos in May (right next to the hotel). I didn't think the place was that bad. Two nice pools and when we were there the beach was very nice. Clean sand, in fact when we where there they brought in a big truck and spread a whole bunch of new sand. Small reef off shore, so snorkeling was pretty good, especially if you swim out to the farther one. Sunsets were gorgeous. The Wharf seems to be a restaurant everyone mentions, but it is extremely expensive. I would highly recommend the Cracked Conch, which is right next to the turtle farm. We were told it was a $30 cab ride, but we rented a car one day and stopped there for lunch. Really really good food. You can shore dive right behind the restaurant if you want. Email if you would like further info - have a drink for me at Billy Bones! (2/1 specials every night!) <BR>

Old Aug 31st, 1998, 04:52 AM
Netta

We stayed at the Grandview Condos, right next to Treasure Island, earlier this month. The beach did have some iron, but it also had beautiful sunsets with more than enough white sand. If I had been with a group of adults, I would not have paid any attention to the iron. It was not the best sand for shallow wading and sand castle building though, so it did bother my child. Take water shoes with you. <BR> <BR>If you are looking for good food try the Wharf (expensive but worth it), Cassanova Restaurant in Georgetown (more affordable and the best Italian food I have had in the islands), the Crows Nest (great views and Cayman style seafood), and Blackthorn's Beacon (gourmet pizza in an elegant piano bar setting). <BR> <BR>Enjoy. <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 1st, 1998, 08:38 AM
Steve

can we have info on getting married on location, cost etc <BR>is it allin. can you give us some idea of time price and what will be getting for our money <BR> <BR>Thankyou <BR> <BR>steve

Old Sep 10th, 1998, 01:31 PM
Steve

I stayed at Treasure Island this summer and thought it was overall just ok. The landscaping in beautiful, but the rooms are mediocre, and the service is pretty bad also. <BR> <BR> In terms of food, theres a fancy place right next door called Hooks. It has great food, great atmospere and great service, but it is very expensive. We only went there once. Another great place thats not even 5 minutes by foot is called Big Daddys. It is both a Sports Bar and a restraunt. Its small, but the food is great for all three meals, the service is good, and the prices are very reasonable. <BR>