Search

Barbados vs Grenada

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barbados vs Grenada

Thinking of taking the family on a beach vacation this winter. Which island should I go to?
Old Oct 9th, 2010, 03:18 AM

They are both wonderful islands, but different. Barbados is much more developed, with more things to do off-resort. Grenada is more unspoiled. Grand Anse Beach on Grenada has a number of hotels and is very long. There are many beaches on Barbados, ranging from calm for snorkeling on the west coast, small waves and windsurfing on southwest/south coast, to major league waves on the east coast. People on both islands are lovely. See www.barbados.org and www.grenadaexplorer.com
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 07:50 AM

You dont say where you are flying from, but it will be much easier to get to Barbados than Greneda. If you can though, even though I love Barbados, Greneda is a special destination.

Peace, Greenie
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 11:06 PM

In my opinion, the Caribbean is overrated. I spend more a week on Grenada, and I am not too impressed. I actually wrote more on http://grenada-caribbean.blogspot.com/
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 09:35 AM

The Caribbean is great! for many reasons it just depends on the type of vaction you are interested in. Barbados plenty to offer by way or things to do and see and various types of landscapes on each coast and various types of beaches. Not as naturally lush as Grenada.
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 11:49 AM

Are you kidding me - you are posting that blog here too...really one would wonder if there is not some other agenda here? I am sorry aka_beata you did not have a pleasant time on your trip but I must state that it appears FROM your blog that the reason you did not enjoy yourself in the Grenadines is because of you.

My take on your trip is you spent more time trying to haggle already insanely affordable accommodations down to virtually free....you did not seem to do any research in advance to understand these lush, beautiful culture rich islands and you seem to have spent the entire blog description prepared to check out of each spot when it did not live up to your unusual expectations...I mean really - ants on the beach? Grand Anse not a nice beach and Morne Rouge worse?

It is frustrating to people who are passionate about these islands that rely on accurate travel information to see you continue to share this blog as it couldnt be less helpful...yet you tout it like tips for travel in the Grenadines...you even here go so far as to say it is overrated...?

"The island-hopping was tiring and somewhat boring as the Caribbean does not have much to offer culture-wise."

As this is a direct quote from your blog - hopefully it will create context for other Caribbean travellers in deciding whether your experience would be one they could relate to.
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 07:09 AM

Both Grenada and Barbados are beautiful in my opinion. They both have beautiful beaches and two world class beaches: Oistins beach(Barbados) and Grand Anse beach(Grenada).I would suggest Grenada though in my opinion beacuse Grand Anse beach has hotels along and near the beach, so that can facilitate your boarding. Both islands are known for it's friendly people, so in terms of safety you will be safe.