Reload this Page >

Transportation to the Fajardo Ferry

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 04:22 AM
Shelley

Has anyone used the transportation service called "Travel with Padin"? They bring passengers to (and from) San Juan to the Fajardo Ferry for $55. Wondering if they are reliable. I'd appreciate any current information on the best way to get to the ferry from San Juan? Originally, we wanted to drive to Fajardo and take the car across on the ferry to Vieques but we were told that we could not bring a rental car over for insurance reasons. Thanks in advance.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 12:01 PM
s

If you are going to be on one of the islands for only a few days renting a car and leaving it in Fajardo may be cost effective. If there are two of you it is going to cost $220 coming and going. A car may prove to be less expensive and certainly more convenient.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:31 AM
Shelley

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:03 PM
RichF

I read on one of the websites about a public car system (carros). You have to either take a taxi or bus from the airport to the Rio Pedros terminal, located near Old San Jaun area. The public car to Fahardo cost only $4 so allow yourself plenty of time (4hrs).<BR><BR>Like &quot;s&quot; said, auto rental may be the best and easiest way to get there. I rented for about $30 a day. So for 3/4 days it's cheaper. Plus it gives you plenty of options like the rainforest, mountain highway, Liquillo Beach, check out the El Conquistidor Hotel and it's private (Polomino) island, etc.

Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know of a cheap rental car company that is reliable for my family of 5?
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel with Padin sounds like a terrible deal. Are you sure it is $55 per person? We were in PR a couple months ago. We took a cab from our hotel in San Juan to the Fajardo ferry and it cost $60 for four of us. Of course, you have to negotiate in advance. Our hotel got the cab for us the day before we left. <BR><BR>BTW, we just loved Vieques! The biobay is amazing.