Notices

topless sunbathing

Nov 16th, 1999, 08:52 AM
carole

topless sunbathing

can anyone tell me which of the caribean islands allow topless sunbathing and which do not - thanks

Nov 16th, 1999, 04:58 PM
Karen

For topless and c/o bathing, you would be most comfortable on the French islands. The English, American, Dutch-influenced islands do frown upon it. Although it is "illegal," it is frequently done if done discretely on those islands.

Nov 16th, 1999, 05:48 PM
Cassie

Karen is absolutely right as to the general rule. For specifics - try Orient Beach on French Sint Martin or Negril in Jamaica [nowhere else in Jamaica, just Negril]. Martinique is a possibility but most I have talked to don't care for Martinique - they aren't as friendly as Sint Martin. Specific resorts may have specific reserved areas for this [such as the upper deck at the spa at LeSport in St Lucia] on islands that otherwise don't allow [or condone it].

Nov 17th, 1999, 07:22 AM
Cheri

Contrary to Karen saying Dutch islands don't allow topless, we have found topless at every Dutch island we have visited. Aruba had it, Bonaire had tons of it and in Curacao they only asked that you wear your top by the pool. You could pretty much do as you liked on the beach. There were even some totally nude there. The only objections to it I have noted is on the British Islands.

The times we were in Cancun there was always a lot of topless too, but my daughter went last year and said they are trying to stop it.

Nov 17th, 1999, 04:19 PM
Anne

The times we were in Cancun, the Federales (5 abreast) were walking down the beach with guns, stopping any topless women they saw and standing there while they put their tops back on.

Nov 17th, 1999, 05:08 PM
Jokester

Shouldn't that be 10 a breast!

Search this Thread