Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

The World's Most Luxurious Private Romanterrific All Inclusive for My Weddingmoon!!

Search

The World's Most Luxurious Private Romanterrific All Inclusive for My Weddingmoon!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 04:43 PM
Dolly

Hi everyone at Fodor's!<BR>How are you today?<BR>I have a really important question for all you wise worldy travellers.<BR>I'm planning the biggest bestest weddingmoon of all and want it to be super luxury-exclusive.<BR>I want to have it at an all inclusive place with fine restaurants and luxurious accommodations.<BR>I want classic native Caribbean waiters and waitresses who will wait on everyone hand and foot. Great entertainment at night.<BR>Someplace where famous celebrities who can blow a bundle of money without batting an eyelash go when they go to the Caribbean.<BR><BR>Please tell me where we should go.<BR>My sweetie will do whatever I want to (I have him well trained already!) so it's up to me.<BR>Help me make this worthy of a write up in Town and Country, our favorite society mag!!<BR>Au revoir for now!<BR>Dolly

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 05:46 PM
hmmmm

You simply must go to a Sandals. <BR>But which one?<BR>Do any have pools with waterfalls?<BR>Surely someone must be able to help.......

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Janice

Dolly, you are going to get a lot of stupid comments from non-all inclusive idiots just like &quot;hmmmm&quot;. They apparently have a misguided and incorrect opinion about all inclusives and instead of being &quot;classy people&quot; and keeping their opinions to themselves, they think it's perfectly OK to &quot;slam&quot; anyone who asks questions about all inclusive resorts. <BR><BR>Personally, I think it's a smart shopper who has a definite idea of final costs for a vacation....and that's the huge plus about all inclusive resorts....you have a very good idea of what final costs will be. All inclusive resorts give us what we really want....a relaxing vacation where we don't have to carry our open wallets around with us just waiting to get &quot;fleeced&quot; at every small turn we take. Those who don't like all inclusive resorts are a breed all by themselves.<BR><BR>To get the ball rolling, I'd like to recommend the Royal Hideaway in the Playacar area of the Mayan Riviera. It's the caribbean coast of Mexico and has great things to offer. Another great resort along that coastline is the Iberostar Paraiso (Beach or Del Mar). Check these websites for more resort reviews:<BR>www.debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com< BR>www.cancunandrivieramaya.com<BR>www.caribbeanop inion.net<BR>www.playaguide.com<BR><BR>If you get any more idiots posting on your question, just ignore them and remember you're the smart one....the one who knows what her vacation will cost and what that includes!!! <BR><BR>If you want another caribbean suggestion, I'd like to suggest the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic.....maybe one of the 5 star resorts there. Go to this website:<BR>www.debbiesdominicantravel.com<BR><BR> Another website:<BR>www.caribbean-on-line.com<BR><BR>Best of luck with everything....and remember you're much smarter than &quot;hmmm&quot;

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Frank

Janice: News flash: Save your fingers. Dolly's post is obviously a troll post.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 07:44 PM
GM

Definitely sounds troll-like to me, too....

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Dolly

What is a troll post?<BR>I've never heard that term before, but I don't use the internet much. Sorry.<BR>Thanks for the suggestions Janice.<BR>Those sound like great starting points for my research!<BR>

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 09:07 PM
xxx

Looks like Janice swallowed this tale about the &quot;bestest weddingmoon&quot; hook, line, and sinker...<BR><BR>Romanterrific? LOL

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 01:11 AM
Anon

Yes, and how about &quot;dollyblondecuddlybear&quot; and &quot;classic native Caribbean waiters and waitresses who will wait on everyone hand and foot&quot;. This HAS to be a troll!!

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 02:13 AM
Smarter than Dolly

Let me explain to you Dolly dear that the celebrities and the super wealthy don't frequent all-inclusive resorts.<BR>&quot;Someplace where famous celebrities who can blow a bundle of money without batting an eyelash go when they go to the Caribbean.&quot;<BR><BR>The kind of places they go, you wouldn't be able to get near.<BR>

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 05:06 AM
tom

Actually some celebrities to go to all inclusives. I was to one in Rangiroa (Tahitit) that had a famous celebrity and also to <BR>Royal Hideaway where there was one. I have also heard of them at Jumby Bay, Caneel Bay and Palm Island - all of which are all inclusives.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 05:19 AM
dick

Tom,<BR><BR>I was at Rangiroa also, and I must have been there at the same time you were, because there was a celebrity there, too. It was very exciting when he came to dinner, wasn't it? We were all trying to look without making it obvious. And he lined up at the buffet just like normal people. You wouldn't have known he was the brother-in-law of the guy who was the vocal coach for the guy who did the voice for Shaggy in the old Scoobey-doo cartoons.<BR>It was magic.<BR><BR>So, all of you nay-sayers, aren't you embarrassed?<BR><BR>Oh, and by the way, Dolly is a very well executed troll. I feel bad for the posters who bought it.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 05:23 AM
No

Tom,<BR>Caneel Bay is not an all inclusive. They do have an optional meal plan but they are not all-inclusive in the style of Sandals eat and drink till you explode and puke.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 05:26 AM
Trollwatcher

If you are going to add to a thread, troll or not, at least if there is factual info in it, get it right! <BR>The wrong information is more annoying than the endless Sandals bashing. Caneel Bay is not nor has ever been all inclusive

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 09:10 AM
Janice

I feel soooo stupid!!

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 09:16 AM
Janice

Dear &quot;Janice imposter&quot;, the REAL Janice does not feel stupid at all but it's apparent that you do....perhaps counselling will help your sad little life!!

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 10:28 AM
Anon

How could you tell Dolly's post is a troll?<BR><BR>I thought it might have been written by someone who doesn't have much &quot;brains&quot; but happened to snag a rich bachelor.<BR>I thought it was kinda funny actually.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 11:03 AM
RC

Dolly if you are a troll then whatever, if you are not a troll, it is important to note that the phrases &quot;luxurious accomodations&quot; and &quot;fine restaurants&quot; should not be used in the same paragraph as &quot;all inclusive&quot;. There are not many things in life that you can be sure of..but this, I can assure you is! So please repost with another question that makes sense.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 11:16 AM
fyi

Caneel Bay is NOT all inclusive, it WAS years ago. Jumby is all inclusive at cavier rates! Famous celebrities go to<BR>many places!!<BR>Dolly sounds like a troll, or someone trying to be cute. So Hello Dolly!

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 11:17 AM
xxxx

oh so unfair. How can one generalize so about all the different types of travler? Al poeple do this, Cap J people don't get the feel of the island, vlla people get in touch with the real islanders. What a bunch of poop and stupid generalizations.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 11:21 AM
RC

To xxxx<BR>What?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -