Search

Taxi/Driver vs Tour

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2019, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taxi/Driver vs Tour

I will be traveling to Negril in December.
I have a few places I want to visit that are all in the same area, but cannot seem to find a tour that matches with what I am looking for.
Can you hire a driver/taxi service and have them just take you where you want to go? I feel like that would be less expensive than some of the tours online. Also, it would allow us to stay at the locations for how long we wanted, not a set tour time.

I was also thinking about just renting a car and driving to the places myself.

Thoughts on the best way to plan excursions? Pre-Set Tour? Hire a taxi? or Rent a car?
Old Nov 19th, 2019, 12:28 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Personally I would not be comfortable on my own driving (on the 'wrong' side of the road) around and out in the countryside from Negril. Especially if you are 1st timer to Jamaica (I can't tell from your post) and don't know the ins and outs of the island.

Clive's Transport Service Jamaica providing Jamaican Airport Transfers, Taxi and Tours throughout the islwww.trekand of Jamaica - www.clivestransportservicejamaica.com, Clive's Transport Service Jamaica providing Jamaican Airport Transfers, Taxi and Tours throughout the islwww.trekand of Jamaica - www.clivestransportservicejamaica.com, www.clivestransportservicejamaica.net, [email protected], [email protected]

Take a look at Clives. That's who I used going to and from the airport from Montego Bay to Negril.

Or I'm sure you could negotiate with a taxi driver (or ask your hotel to do it for you) if you don't want to join a tour or can't find one that is to where you want to go.