T&C...but I don't want to cook!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2014, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love cooking but don't want to on this vacation! Any recommendations for the right hotel on Grace Bay (2 bdrm hopefully) We LOVE to snorkel, like yummy healthful food, and simple clean rooms. Don't need or want night life, swanky, shopping or crowds. Would like family friendly - my boys (11 and 3 yrs) love making "vacation friends". OCWest looks like a decent option or Somerset? Would like variety of eating options (from low key/ sandy feet to "get a sitter and indulge" dinners)
We loved Caneel, Buccaneer, Maho Bay Camps (boohoo) for past vacations and hope to find something similar in T&C.
Hubby wants to fish those bonefish flats at the far end of the chain and heard you can do a day flight there? Anyone have experience or advice with that too?
Thank you all for any advice!!
Old Jan 21st, 2014, 01:59 PM
WWK

When do you want to go and what is your budget? We just returned from another trip to T&C, and stayed at The Venetian. We had a few lunches at OC West. I am hearing more and more that accommodations there vary widely. Some are nice, some not so much. We were surprised to see that part of the beach in front of the resort wasn't well taken care of- lots of cigarette butts and bottle caps.

Anyway, if you post a budget, you're sure to get a lot of responses. We have stayed very happily at West Bay Club, on the other end of the beach, but it has gone up quite a bit in the past year. Loved the Venetian, and highly recommend it if you are looking for gorgeous accommodations and uncrowded beach.

Almost anywhere you stay on Grace Bay, you will need a car. Taxis can be expensive!
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Ah yes that would have been helpful to include! April 21-27, approx $600/nt on room. I understand food, transport is expensive.
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 06:26 PM
WWK

That's going to be a tough budget for a 2-bed in T&C during April. You might want to look at other islands?
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 03:18 AM

Somerset that week' while absolutely gorgeous, is way out of your price range for peak season

Ocean Club West might be your best fit, but you're going to have trade offs

For $2800 6 nights, you can get a deluxe Suite with 2 baths. It has king size bed, and sofa bed or roll out beds for kids. It has full kitchen (I know you don't want to cook, but comes in handy for snacks and leftovers with kids) washer and dryer.

For $3700 you get 2 bedrooms, second bedroom has 2 twin beds.

Walking to many restaurants, but you'll still need a car for 2 reasons: snorkel off the beach, and those "beachy" restaurants youre craving such as Da Conch Shack and Bugaloos.

OCW has a sister property with shuttle between them, which gives you 2 casual restaurants with beach views. By car you can also go to the popular Hemingways and Bay Bistro, with terrific beach views.

Car will cost about $350 for the week. Everything is close by and flat straight roads. Taxi will end up costing more.

It is an expensive destination! Keep in mind even casual restaurants will cost quite a bit, so you can include that in your budget. Supermarket to try to save costs, will cost 2-3 times what you're used too. You might want to pack snacks in your luggage. (chips, popcorn, etc)

Excursions are a must! About $89 pp (3 yr old pays half) for half day on either Caicos Dream Tours or Island Vibes. They snorkel the reef, and stop at the amazing Jalf Moon Bay, reached only by boat. iV has a diving board on the roof!

There are also banana boats, SUPs, kayaks sails, etc. You can rent from OC.