Reload this Page >

Swimming with Dolphins in Bahamas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 1998, 09:27 AM
Kat

My future husband and I are thinking about the Bahamas for our honeymoon in 7/99.. I'd LOVE to see or swim with Dolphins. Can anyone give me any feedback on where this is available and for what price in U.S. dollars? THANKS.

Old Jan 16th, 1999, 02:06 PM
Gord

Hi Kat. My wife and I went to the Bahamas 2yrs ago. At the time the dophin encounter(in a pen feeding,petting etc was 85US$ The swim or scuba was more. Blue Lagoon looks beutiful so it's your choice what package you take. It is worthwhile. We have videos(our own) of each other with these magnificent creatures. There's lots to do and see so if you want more info email me at the aboce address and I will try to answer your questions. In March of 99 we are going down again so we should have more recent info and prices. Good luck and best wishes for your future together Gord

Old Jan 19th, 1999, 09:41 AM
Gwen

Hi Kat <BR>We just got back from the Bahamas (New Providence Sandals Royal Bahamian) and went on the dolphin encounter. The cost for the swim was $115US and it was the best money we have ever spent!!! It was an amazing experience, you swan with the dolphins for 30 minutes. The trainers work with hand signals and fish and it was just unbelievable! We have the most beautiful photo and amazing memories from this part of our wonderful trip. Email me if you have any more questions <BR>

Old Jan 19th, 1999, 09:59 AM
Miguel D. Pena

My fiance and also went to the Blue Lagoon Island for the dolphin swim in 1997 (or maybe 1996? I don't remember). I do, however, remember how beautiful the entire island was - although for me the highlight of the daytrip there was less swimming with the dolphins, than simply lounging around on this deserted island. <BR> <BR>I forget how much it was, but it was not too expensive, and was definitely worth the money. If you decide to go, I would also recommend that you "spring" for the extra cost of taking the helicopter over from Paradise Island to Blue Lagoon Island in the morning (you then take the boat back, which is nice as well). The chopper is a little more expensive but well worth it! (You won't forget buzzing a cruise ship in Nassau Harbor). Email me with any other questions - I've been to Nassau many times and stayed almost everywhere. . . .

Old Feb 19th, 1999, 04:13 PM
robin

<BR>we would like to get information on swimming with the dolphins (nassau) and would appreciate help....planning a march trip so i'm sure we need to make arrangements now ( if not yesterday). thanks.

Old Feb 20th, 1999, 06:11 AM
Laurie

The phone number for the Dolphin Encounter is (242) 363-1003. They also have a web-site www.dolphinswims.com. <BR>Have a good trip! <BR>Laurie

Old Feb 20th, 1999, 06:14 AM
Laurie

The phone number for the Dolphin Encounter is (242) 363-1003. They also have a web-site www.dolphinswims.com. <BR>Have a good trip! <BR>Laurie