Super market specific question re: TCI

Jun 4th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Original Poster

Super market specific question re: TCI

Hello all,

I know this is probably silly but I have to find out if there are avocados sold at the local IGA market or anywhere in the provo area as we have an infant that ...lives on those! I emailed the specific supermarket (Graceway) but I have not gotten any response. Can anyone please verify that I can buy avocados at that supermarket?
Thank you all in advance.
Chris.
Jun 4th, 2013, 10:10 AM

Whether or not the IGA (or any food market on the island) has avocados at any given time depends on the availability of that product. Most produce is imported and while shipments are received weekly there's never any guarantee a particular produce item will be included in that shipment.

So, while avocados are are routinely carried by most grocery stores availability is subject to the vagaries of the import shipper.
Jun 4th, 2013, 11:05 AM

I've always seen them there
Jun 4th, 2013, 11:06 AM

PS worse case scenario, There are a couple of restaurants that are Mexican, and they'll have them too
Jun 5th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the quick responses. I would hate to have to carry along avocados...and I am not even sure I would be allowed to bring this food anyway. It is essential part of our little guy's meals. He eats twice a day this concoction of 1/2 avocado with 1/2 banana and butter bisquits, mixed in the blender with milk. It's the only way to put some weight on him....
Thanks again.
Jun 5th, 2013, 09:19 AM
WWK

I've seen plenty of them at the supermarkets, too. As Blamona suggested, IF you have a problem, you can probably get them from SOMEWHERE cafe ( Mexican) on the beach next to The WINDSONG RESORT. And by the way, that happens to be one of our favorite spots for lunch/drinks/dinner!
Jun 7th, 2013, 04:32 AM

you can NOT bring them with you. it is completely forbidden to enter tci with any fresh fruits or vegetables
Jun 7th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

Hello all again, and thanks a lot for the info/suggestions. I think we'll be fine there. This is our second visit and we are looking forward to have similarly excellent experience. We loved the area and hopefully this time we'll get to explore more. Unfortunately, I am a terrible writer, and very busy with my children that by the time I get 'free' time to sit down and do my "chris time" I am too tired to even think about typing. However, I sincerely hope I can write a report while there. Also, given that many of the fodorites are all too familiar with many of these destinations I would feel as if I am preaching to the choir would I be reporting on this trip. I mean, what more I could say that would interest blamona, or many of you great fodorites about TCI that you haven't already experienced or know about?
Jun 7th, 2013, 10:08 AM

I'm always interested! And when I'm not there I can live through you! 8-)