Reload this Page >

Suggestions for wildlife?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:51 AM
km

What islands are best to see lots of differnt wildlife and what wildlife is there to see? I went to the Caribbean for the first time last year(Barbados) and after dark tiny frogs came on the porch of our villa to the porchlites and make peeping sounds. There were also lots of hummingbirds and lizards.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 11:29 AM
Mary

Two that come to mind are Costa Rica and Belize. I've never been to either so I can't comment on the types of wildlife, but I do know people who have been there and mentioned abundant wildlife.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 11:51 AM
Carib Fan

Bonaire...flamingos, donkeys,parrots, various lizards.<BR>St.Croix...mongoose families

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:54 AM
Troy

Does anyone know which islands have wild monkeys? Thanks in advance.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 12:00 PM
anon

Dominica is great for wildlife. It is lush and beautiful. Hike to the boiling lake to see lots of creatures.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:50 PM
Jay

Not the island but if going to Latin America appeals to you then go to Costa Rica. A few days ago there was a post about nature in CR. Do the text search under Coasta Rica and you will find information you are asking for or you can post your question there. I heard that T&T are great for birdwatching<BR>Also Belize and Guatemala in Central America have plentiful wildlife. In South America visit Peru and Chile

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:17 PM
Ted

At Grand Etang in Grenada we saw wild monkeys and two armadillos that were yellowish/beige in color.

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 01:57 AM
Kim

Aruba has plenty of goats and iguanas roaming around.

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 05:00 AM
tivertonhouse

The South Coast of Jamaica:manatees, crocodiles, whistling ducks, doctorbirds/hummingbirds,frigates/john crow,dolphin,egret,parrot,great birder territory -- many endemic land/sea birds

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 05:17 AM
Barbara

wild monkeys...St. Kitts!

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 07:17 AM
tt

Tobago is beautiful and unspoiled. It has one of the oldest rainforests in the hemisphere. Lots of birds etc...