Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Staying at the Atlantis --- where to go for dinner?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 03:26 PM
jan

I will be visiting The Atlantis for a four day business meeting next week. We will be eating with our group for several nights at the hotel, but I need to entertain a few couples on our first night in town before the meetings actually begin. Any ideas for something fun and casual for about 8-10 people? Thanks for your imput. jwg

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 09:41 PM
gail

Jan almost everything in Nassau is casual, there are a few restaurants that are a dressier casual, (meaning no shorts or tee shirts) and a couple where gentlemen should wear a jacket. <BR>But mostly everything is casual. <BR> <BR>That said, for the dinner you are talking about you can make reservations at the Atlantis through the consierge, there are 33 restaurants in the "complex" and it is an amazing place. So much to see and do. <BR> <BR>IF you want to leave and go somewhere fun, I would suggest the Poop Deck which is close to the bridge overlooking the water and the food is very good. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps have a fun trip. <BR>

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 04:42 AM
Eric

Try Anthony's Caribbean Bar & Grill or the Blue Marlin resturant. Both are easy to find, within walking distance from Atlantis.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 04:46 AM
jan

Gail & Eric - Thanks for your help. I'm on my way. jwg

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 06:28 AM
Robert

Jan; Check into the Poop Deck as well. DRive over the Paradise Island Bridge onto Bay Street, turn left, and it's about 800 feet down on the left hand side, above Bahama Divers Dive Op. It's also a good walk, if you are the exercising type, over the PI Bridge. About a mile walk. Robert

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 09:44 AM
Britt

Jan, <BR> if you want to spend some serious cash but have a dinner experience WELL worth it, find the Seacliff. It's the only 5-star restaurant on the island (Nassau) and our experience there was extraordinary. It's an inn that has been restored and has beautiful gardens in back. Waitstaff was beyond compare and the food was exquisite. Have fun!

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 10:58 AM
gail

Britt you are so right about the restaurant, (except the name) Greycliff. The food and service are the best and the wine list is amazing, looked more like the size of a novel. <BR> <BR>We also sat in the bar and listened to he pianist and walked the gardens. <BR> <BR>Greycliff is around the corner from Government House. <BR> <BR>Glad you had a great time.