Search

St. Thomas shopping

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Thomas shopping

My husband and I are going to St. Thomas at the end of Feb., for our first visit. I'd like to do some jewelry shopping. Which jewelry stores do you recommend? Do they have really good bargains (compared to US prices)?
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 09:34 AM

My wife had a good experience with Ajanta Jewelers. i think they are located in one of the alleys off of main street.
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 02:31 AM
EJC

Jewelry prices are much cheaper in St Thomas.
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 07:33 AM

There are many! And they are all competitive. Shop around, take your time and get the best deal. And don't be afraid to bargain.
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 01:52 PM

If you plan to buy something, know what it would cost at home to be sure you are getting a deal. I've never been lucky getting a bargain in St. Thomas. Have had more luck in St Martin or Nassau. Good luck to you.
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 01:56 PM

H.Stern is wonderful--they have a room in the downtown store ( NOT at Havensight Mall) that has MAJOR discounts..Definitely ask for the Backroom...

ALso Cardow's has beautiful items..in ALL price ranges..and they have a back room -but those are items that are $200 or less..( but they weren't that much more expensive if you bought them in the US..except you MAY find more UNUSUAL items...Also the front of the store also has store specials...This jewelry store has been around for over 50 years and has a guard outside...GREAT stuff...

Little Switzerland- has GORGEOUS unusual expensive items- you will save about 20% off US prices here..

I always get something in St Thomas when I am there...from inexpensive to Exhorbitant, You will be able to find it..

BUT know the prices for US items and write them down BEFORE you go..otherwise , you can get ripped off...

Just remember, If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...Be careful of the guys selling Diamond Tennis bracelets..Unless you know diamonds , you can pay wayyyyyyyyyyy too much for mediocore diamonds..Most of these shops are run by Indian or Mid-East people ( and are not sanctioned by most of the cruise ships as selling primo goods..) this is just a heads up and not a disciminatory remake..before anyone gets mad....

Hope this helps the lucky shoppper!